Your Maiden blasphemy

I LOVE Rock in Rio, but the band put some really stupid vocal overdubs in there that are blatantly obvious. I don't know why they couldn't just leave the crowd singalong parts alone. There was 150,000 people singing after all.

Reactions: jcv
I actually agree with this, along with NOTB. Both are great albums, but I think Powerslave kills them. For that matter I find Powerslave to have ZERO filler tracks.
I always feel like I should rank Powerslave higher than I should..on paper it seems like a quintessential Maiden album, but to me there's nothing that really reaches out to distinguish it for me. In a way I kind of think it sounds too clean and direct..similar to AMOLAD, another album that I don't rank as high I feel I should. These albums are of course great and basically perfect (tons of Maiden sounds absolutely perfect to me), but these 2 albums lack something to standout for me compared to my favorite (SiT) for example.

Yes, I think close to everyone 26+ years of age started with an album from the 80's
Not the case on this board, as I'm sure you'll find out. :p
For the record: almost 35, started with FOTD.
Indeed. Have a proper think about that. Anyone up to the age ~35 was still only born in the eighties. The majority, I guess, of people start listening to their own music in their early teens; so... that would be the early nineties. So, yeh, you might have discovered Maiden with a 80's album a that time. You could, as is just as likely, have discovered them with the music they were releasing at that time. NPftD, FotD, XF.

Almost 40, started with a handful of individual songs in the 80s, but never owned a full album until FOTD.

Reactions: jcv
64. First heard the boys when Steve was practicing in a loft in middle school and everybody still called Edward Teddy.
They need to PlayClassics again - Burning Ambition, Invasion, Charlotte in Pig-tails.
Never been the same since Willcock left.

Nicko, the hack, doesn't play the fills on Iron Maiden anywhere close to what Dave Sampson used to hammer out.

I don't like Starblind. Seriously, I skip it everytime.
IMO, The X-Factor, as a whole, is not just Maiden's worst, but actually a terrible album, despite having some great songs (The starting 3 and The Edge Of Darkness)
On the other hand, I really like Virtual XI. Specially The Angel And The Gambler, which I love!!

Back