Iced Earth

Why would it be a fuck you to Schaffer? Christy is one of rare people who didn't leave the band due to disagreements with him, he left to audition for Howard Stern Show.

Why would it be a fuck you to Schaffer? Christy is one of rare people who didn't leave the band due to disagreements with him, he left to audition for Howard Stern Show.

Christy gets a lot of respect as a heavy metal drummer. It's surprising how he's portrayed as such a goof on Stern and most fans of the show would be shocked to realize he's so well respected in the metal community. Leaving Iced Earth was the best career move he ever made. He can do two things he loves and make a living. He can write all the music for his new band, get exposure for it, plus he doesn't have to put up with that asshole Jon Schaeffer.

Been listening to Charrd Walls a lot latey too and it's really awesome. I believe they are more than just a project. I wish it could just be Rippers full time band, but I don't think that will ever happen. Ripper is kind of the American Jorn Lands. I'm assuming ripper hasnt found one band successful enough to be able to just stick to full time, he has to do different projects. Whereas guys like Richard Christy have jobs while not performing. It's a shame but its hard to survive as a musician these days.

They are currently in the process of building their own studio... That being said I've been relistening to last two albums and while I like the songs, production is definitely lacking. So this will be a good thing because they'll be able to take their time with recording and won't have to rush the recordings to cut down on the costs of renting a studio.

I remember the first time I stumbled across a Dave Mustaine interview on the Alex Jones show... My perception of him has never been the same since.

I remember the first time I stumbled across a Dave Mustaine interview on the Alex Jones show... My perception of him has never been the same since.
While I'm sure his conspiratard opinions are legit, I'm not convinced about his religion. In his autobiography I read that after a big fight with his wife, she made him go see some priest in her church if he ever wanted to see his kids again. Wouldn't be too surprised if he's just faking it all to keep his family.

While I'm sure his conspiratard opinions are legit, I'm not convinced about his religion. In his autobiography I read that after a big fight with his wife, she made him go see some priest in her church if he ever wanted to see his kids again. Wouldn't be too surprised if he's just faking it all to keep his family.

That's pretty believable, actually. He made a big stink about his religion when it happened, but since then has been pretty quiet about it. We all know Ellefson is a big Christian, so he probably thinks its in his best interests personally and professionally to look like he joined up.

Back