NIGHTWISH SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Ghost Love Score wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Honestly the votes for Devil & Pharaoh are baffling to me. Both songs are awesome. Rose to my 2 favorites from the album. Just awesome atmosphere.

Honestly the votes for Devil & Pharaoh are baffling to me. Both songs are awesome. Rose to my 2 favorites from the album. Just awesome atmosphere.

The songs with male vocals on the first few albums are really quite bad. I don't know if it was the writing or the performers (except on AFF, that was definitely the performer), but something about them just sounds bad.

Well the male vocals on these two songs are quite minor and sound more like spoken word, dunno why they are so bothering when the rest of the song is awesome.

Incidentally (or not!), I feel these songs have the most black metallish sound from this album. Darker and use of keyboards.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
A Return To The Sea - 6 votes
Know Why The Nightingale Sings - 5 votes
Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean - 5 votes

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Nightquest - 7 votes
Walking In The Air - 5 votes
Sacrament Of Wilderness - 4 votes
The Riddler - 4 votes
The Pharaoh Sails To Orion - 4 votes

Wishmaster joins the game!
Sleepwalker is a bonus song. There are 2 versions of it:
Original
Heavy
Count whichever version you want when you vote :)

I made a mistake. Wanted to vote for FantasMic but didn't see Sleepwalker was in the game *zzzzz*. Could I change something? I'll keep the Sleepwalker vote but wish to add one to FantasMic.

Not a big fan of it. Kinda heard (and saw!) it too often. Sort of an overplayed effect a la Run to the Hills. I do like the instrumental mid-part a lot though! Most other songs have more grabbing melodies (in my ears anyway). For the rest it's a strong album! Love that first ride of four songs. And from Bare Grace.. it picks up with another strong four in a row.

Last edited:
Voting for Astral Romance to promote other 3 from AFF, Gethsemane and Sleeping Sun to promote other 3 from Oceanborn, and also Two For Tragedy, Deep Silent Complete, Dead Boy's Poem and Sleepwalker.

Don't know if this would be a controversial Nightwish opinion, but three albums with Tarja and so far I prefer Floor in this band. Maybe it's because I haven't heard Tarja's best material with the band yet but something about her style doesn't resonate with me as well as Floor's. I know Floor does a fairly reserved and less operatic performance on EFMB but I really like it.

Here it's not controversial. I am probably in the minority when I say I prefer the Tarja works. Not just the voice, also the songs.

Well, I like Floor more as a singer, but I think Tarja's voice fits better to Nightwish. I grew up with Tarja singing these older and stronger songs. That said, I have absolutely nada problem with Floor in Nightwish. She is impressive, in a different own manner. I am looking forward to see the band -for the, as crazy as it sounds, first time in the Netherlands since Floor joined!- in November.

Voting for Astral Romance to promote other 3 from AFF, Gethsemane and Sleeping Sun to promote other 3 from Oceanborn, and also Two For Tragedy, Deep Silent Complete, Dead Boy's Poem and Sleepwalker.
I'd say a lot of songs deserve to survive from Oceanborn and Wishmaster. These two albums have a much bigger amount of strong songs than other albums.

Truly shocked to see such an early Dead Boy's Poem vote, the "mother of all Nightwish songs*". o_O
This song has Travel with Stygian / Dante's Inferno / Rime of the Ancient Mariner status. Epic and stellar, but not regularly in the setlist anymore.
Top 10 material (top 5 even), as is Gethsemane as far as I'm concerned.

* according to Tuomas Holopainen in the 2007 re-released Wishmaster booklet.

Last edited:
Don't know if this would be a controversial Nightwish opinion, but three albums with Tarja and so far I prefer Floor in this band. Maybe it's because I haven't heard Tarja's best material with the band yet but something about her style doesn't resonate with me as well as Floor's. I know Floor does a fairly reserved and less operatic performance on EFMB but I really like it.

I couldn't agree more. That said, however, my real introduction to the band was with Anette on Dark Passion Play. To this day it still has a lot of my favorite Nightwish songs. Once and Century Child are absolute beasts and Tarja is great on them. These early records are very hit and miss (I like Oceanborn a lot, but AFF is mostly terrible and Wishmaster is mediocre at best). Although I technically have more history with both Tarja and Anette, I far prefer Floor's voice and she's the Nightwish singer I've seen live. She holds a special place in my Nightwish heart and I'd love to hear more recordings of her singing the older stuff (especially some of the DPP material).

Back