Bruce Dickinson

I've read the story on the official forum yesterday, and, frankly, I think Platt is giving himself too much importance in that matter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he has ever been mentionned by anybody (Steve, Rod or Bruce).

10537441_948932975151892_2445664685571917439_n.jpg

But I thought Bruce can't play guitar! I thought he does his songwriting by humming it to the others! :eek:

My mother currently works as a teacher at a school specifically dedicated to children with cerebral palsy. It's really difficult stuff, they need anything to get them energized and have a positive outlook on life. Good on Bruce.

But I thought Bruce can't play guitar! I thought he does his songwriting by humming it to the others! :eek:
irony is often lost in these posts, but in case you're serious, recall this (won't let me post URL for the exact time -- see 1:11):

Can I just say that every Bruce album is really great?

Im listening to Skunkworks now, for who know what time (the weakest Bruce album IMHO), and it's fantastic. All of his albums have such a great feel to them, each one has it's own place.

Yea I like them all. I really like that he was trying something different every time early on before coming back to a straight forward Metal sound. Lots of cool stuff from him that we wouldn't have heard in Maiden.

Im listening to Skunkworks now, for who know what time (the weakest Bruce album IMHO), and it's fantastic.
I really think it's better than both preceding albums, just wildly different. When I first heard Bruce solo, I was all...the fuck is this shit? But now that I am old and stuff, it's settled nicely.

Skunkworks was a very pleasant surprise for me! I wen through the album the other day. Flows really nicely. Very solid and sentimental album

My favourite Bruce listen is the bonus disc that came with the Balls to Picasso special edition. It's got some of his best metal songs ("The Breeding House", "No Way Out... To Be Continued"), some outright weirdness ("Post-Alternative Seattle Fall-Out")", some stylistic experiments ("Over and Out"), a solid acoustic "Tears of the Dragon"... not all this stuff is great, obviously, but it's fun to hear Bruce go all over the place creatively.

Skunkworks is OK. I like it a bit less than I used to.

I like all Bruce albums except Tattooed Millionaire.

I love the variety Skunkworks brings to the table. It's alternative rock meets Rush in a way, and that's a very nice combo.

Alternative rock meets Rush is a good way to describe it. It's a really great sound I think, the only problem, is that the album takes a bit of a dip toward the end. But I would've liked to see another Skunkworks album.

Interestingly enough, his earlier and later collaborator Roy Z was the first to mention Rush in relation to Skunkworks (shared here by yours truly).

Wow, it totally sounds Seattle. That's exactly what it souns like and I couldn't put it to words.
A bit like Alannis too, but I guess it's in the same ball park.

Back