The Concert Thread

good show last night, Terror were good, a pretty short set but a good one, and I enjoyed Four Year Strong and The Story So Far too, despite that Terror really does not fit in with those 2, lol, oh well, still a fun time

Dokk-em-Open-Air-Flyer-Stand-03.05.15.jpg

Those headliners! My favourite two doom metal bands! :dancinggeek: But guess what? They play on a different days. :/

My calendar is still empty. :(

Currently just Nightwish this December and now Sabaton next year, unless I manage to get time off for Paradise Lost.

Helloween/Judas Priest - June 29
Motörhead - July 10
Machine Head - September 21 (maybe)
Annihilator - October 16
Leprous - October 23

Without Machine Head I'm tying my personal record of 6 concerts in a year, with it I'm breaking it :D

5 days just to see Priest? I wouldn't do it. I might have done it if Halford could sing as he did 10 to 15 years ago though, and if this were the only chance to see the band.

It's a really poor line up. The bands I'm next interested in seeing are Kiss and Motley Crüe. And I'm only slightly interested in them. I'd mainly go to have some time off work and drink beer with friends.

The good: you didn't miss them because they didn't play in the UK yet.
The bad: according to the current tourdates you won't see them in the UK.
The ugly: .... :)

I saw the Eagles last night, it was just an amazing show. The beginning was a bit slow, but it really picked up at the end as they started to play some of the faster songs with electric guitars. Joe Walsh stole the show. The three songs that were his were among the best of the night. But none were better than Hotel California.

It was a great show and if any of you have a chance to go, Definitely GO!!!!

11391141_10153354287663415_5590236844864345726_n.jpg

Lucky bastards :grumble: (I did see all 3 bands already, but it's been a while and this package is awesome :()

Recently saw Motley Crue + Alice "Fucking" Cooper. I'm not the biggest Motley Crue fan, as I feel they immediately go downhill after their second album with only a small batch of good songs to their name beyond that point. They're also amateur musicians, ridiculously cheesy, and don't seem to understand what metal's all about (nor did their numerous contemporaries for that matter). Yet I find they're good at writing riffs and piling the energy and they're fun to listen to. So I thought, what the hell, i've heard they put on an incredible show (to which they did), this is the last chance i'll get to see them and the fact that Alice is opening for them makes me very excited (Alice rocks). So I went and it was an awesome show. Nikki Sixx had a flamethrower on his bass, the pyrotechnics were awesome, and Tommy Lee's drum solo had some interesting touches to it (though I still stand by my opinion that's he not a great drummer) not to mention his upside down drum coaster he was flying around while drumming. Not to mention their guitarist (who's name I fail to remember) surprised me with his incredible guitar solo. Dive bombs and tapping everywhere, unbelievably flashy. If only he showed more of that in the studio albums.

As for Alice, well he brought the house down. I've never seen anything like it in my entire life. I struggle to elaborate because it's just so damn visceral of a show, but he really made the elaborate stage show his own.

dwld-admat.jpg

This is the line-up for Donnington. Any recommendations from anyone on which bands I might like to see?

FRIDAY - Start drinking and enjoy the hell out of Clutch, keep drinking for Corrosion of Conformity, sober up during Judas Priest

SATURDAY - Sleep off the drink all day and show up way later just to see Faith No More and MUSE.

SUNDAY - Go home. Or watch Tremonti play some solos, get lame with Billy Idol, watch Slash play some solos, then go home.

Back