Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

FYI: One CNY and one NOK are approximately the same value (currently 100 CNY cost 120 NOK).

The similarity between a Norwegian 50-note and a Chinese one? Both are green.

The difference? In China, it can buy you three beers of a decent brand at the hotel bar of a rather good hotel. In Norway, it can buy you three beers of the cheapest brand in a grocery store.

FYI: One CNY and one NOK are approximately the same value (currently 100 CNY cost 120 NOK).

The similarity between a Norwegian 50-note and a Chinese one? Both are green.

The difference? In China, it can buy you three beers of a decent brand at the hotel bar of a rather good hotel. In Norway, it can buy you three beers of the cheapest brand in a grocery store.

Question for geographers: is Wingman closer to me in China, or in Norway?

Or, on second thought. The Pacific is vast. I'd say if you're near Vancouver, eastern Japan is probably equally close to you as it is to Norway. But Shanghai isn't.

http://www.gcmap.com/dist?P=CTS+-+OSL&DU=mi&DM=&SG=&SU=mph

Used this one and confirmed that Shanghai is closer to Norway than to Vancouver (and Norway is closer to Shanghai than to Vancouver as well, PVG-YVR is clearly the longest of the three).

From Sapporo, Japan, Vancouver is closer than Oslo and the flight Sapporo-Vancouver would be shorter than both Sapporo-Oslo and Vancouver-Oslo.

(Airport codes: Shanghai = PVG, Oslo = OSL, Sapporo = CTS and Vancouver = YVR.)

Good night.

Neighbor across the street cut down a tree. Woodchipper noise is interfering with my Judas Priest.

I suspect this has happened before. It explains so much. It's like Reese's Cups, except the result was black metal... "Hey, you got your horrible noise in my heavy metal!" "No, you got your heavy metal in my horrible noise!"

Yrt940o.jpg

@Yax and everyone else. I'm TRULY SO VERY sorry for the HORRIBLE racist comments I made earlier. I was getting way too caught up in comments on other sites and such and wasn't thinking right. In the future, I'm just going to ignore all that stuff and not worry about it. Again, I'm VERY, VERY, VERY sorry for what I said and PROMISE to NEVER say anything like that ever again.

I got invited to 5 year anniversary of high school graduation celebration next week, but they decided to do it with the whole generation and in a restaurant with turbo folk so I'm not going. All the people I used to hang out with pulled out too, so w/e.

Back