Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there's a power metal element to their next cd. Wouldn't that be cool? I don't mean dragons and fantasy and stuff, not all power metal is like that. But image Maiden writing something like Helloween's Before The War or Dreambound, which are darker power metal songs and songs I can imagine Maiden-ized in a really cool way...

I'm sure that sounds crazy to a lot of you, but in my head it works real well. It would be so cool if Maiden tried to innovate that way. Its not too farfetched to think Steve Harris could have that influence, Michael Kiske almost replaced Bruce.

If ever there's the opportunity, can we have a 'can of worms' smiley?

worms.gif

For me, Maiden's faster songs already have a power metal feel to them. Some of their earlier stuff was almost power metal before the term was ever even used. Songs like Aces High, Flash Of The Blade, Where Eagles Dare, and Invaders are good examples.

They are not able to write a decent fast song anymore.The latest fast offering - The alchemist - is a prime example of how they completely lost the ability to arrange their songs.

For me, The Alchemist is one of their best fast, short songs ever! Bruce has 5 separate vocal parts all in a row and you hear all different styles of his voice. It's almost like a progressive short fast song. Well, to me at least.

They are not able to write a decent fast song anymore.The latest fast offering - The alchemist - is a prime example of how they completely lost the ability to arrange their songs.

You're not alone in this, but I just don't get it.
The Alchemist is great short fast song. It's not Aces High, or the Trooper but it stands up well against Invaders and Prowler and Flash of the Blade and Run to the Hills and pretty much all the other short fast songs of the golden era.

I'm just gonna say this and hope the world doesn't explode.

New Frontier > The Wicker Man

Different World is awesome.
I'd add it to Wicker Man, Rainmaker and The Alchemist in the list of fantastic post-reunion short songs.

New Frontier > The Wicker Man

I strongly disagree, but I do think New Frontier is good, and probably underrated. In fact, I want Nicko to write another song.

Different World is "meh" to me. I think the low-pitched vocal melody for the chorus drags it down, and the lyrics are bland. A Maiden album opener needs to have Bruce soaring high.

If I put Different World in the ghetto, then Gates of Tomorrow is in the sewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back