Paul Di'Anno

I assume you mean this:
Rob: Were you involved in the writing of Number of the Beast ?

Paul Di’Anno: I was, there is a very rare demo going around of me signing “Run to the Hills” and “Hallowed Be Thy Name.” I laid one of them down in Toronto but by then, I had lost all interest.
Well, I don't know where or even if these demos exist but it isn't entirely unlikely that the beginnings of these songs were conceived while Paul was still in the band.

I don't think he send demo tapes, but he might have sung on some early versions of these. Maiden played in Toronto on June 19th, 1981. That was Maiden's first time in Canada.

Hallowed Be Thy Name was soundchecked on December 21st, 1981, so Bruce was already in the band for two months. Still, the song could have been older.
Same goes for Run to the Hills, which was played in concert, also on December 21st, 1981.

Hallowed Be Thy Name was soundchecked on December 21st, 1981, so Bruce was already in the band for two months. Still, the song could have been older.

It's possible that the band had an early version, unfinished, while Paul was in the band - but any early version written with Paul would have been completely redone for Bruce, I'd think.

If there were any such demo "going around", we'd have heard it by now. That kind of thing would be damn notorious.

This is kinda cool. In that cheesy way.

And he is pretty much on key too! Ah, 1999. EdHuntour, Paul could sing, and... What else happened in 1999?

Edit:I just realized it's just lip synching. Around 4:20 is a deeeeead give away. I should've seen it sooner.

Never heard Running for Tomorrow before. Excellent track!!! Need to get hold of that Praying Mantis CD.
Thanks for posting that video.

Architects of Chaoz also sound very promising.

You're welcome! Yes, it's quite good. More people should hear older Di'Anno stuff. Some of it ranges from pretty decent to excellent.

Sometimes I have the idea that he still can, but hardly does it in the style I (and probably others) like. Take e.g. that chorus. The "How Many Times.."parts and (at least) every last word of other sentences sound clean and pretty good.

But in most other moments he prefers to force/change his voice into a sound as if someone is strangling his neck. That said, thanks for the clip, I'll keep an eye ear on what follows.

Last edited:
Woooow! Impressed by that new song. Did not except that. He sounds better then he has done a long time.
I will definitely be checking out this album.

Hopefullly he has begun to live a healthier lifestyle.

S48Q7fp.jpg

Back