Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?

I don't remember much about last night's dreams, but I did wake up with Dream Theater's Pull Me Under running through my head on repeat.

I woke up singing a little rhyme I made up in my dream:

Everybody in the joint is having seizures
That's what happens when you let the band play Free Bird

I think the dream I had last night was pretty hard to comprehend as well.

It started with me taking a taxi (because I was going to reach an airport bus) and instead of driving to the bus terminal, I found us driving up some crazy, steep, cork-screw like slide, after which the taxi left me in what appeared to be a parking house. The only way onwards was down a similar slide, and while I was contemplating whether to do it or not, I suddenly found myself walking around in my hometown, with a girl whom which I shared office as a PhD student. All in a sudden, I was in the airport, drinking, then back in the town, before I again was in the airport, and this time being questioned by the police.

I woke up shortly after, thinking "am I going insane?". Then I fell asleep, and when I woke up again all I could think of was ...

... coffee.

I saw a really f'ed up dream. Part of it was being at some new school with new people. The crazier part was me playing guitar at home. I was sitting on a chair in a really weird position so I accidentally dropped my guitar and when I picked it up, I noticed a huge chunk of the fretboard had been cut off, broken. The next thing I know, my wah pedal is on fire. I try to switch it off but the switch was stuck or something. At this moment, my father comes home. I rush to him and tell him to come quickly something's on fire. He's really calm and doesn't seem to care. I keep away from the wah, thinking it could explode. The fire grows bigger and hotter each second, after about 10 seconds it explodes. No human is harmed, but my guitar and wah pedal are gone. It was a relief waking up.

Last night's dream: some thiefs tried to rob my place and made me help them carry things to their van from my apartment. As we were descending the stairs I just dropped everything and punched the guy in the head, then broke the stairwell glass and threw him off the building. It looked pretty badass.

I was dreaming I was walking around the neighbourhood listening to my MP3 player, then I tried to play Rush's song The Anarchist but it wasn't in the Clockwork Angels folder...

I had more of a nightmare last night. Iron Maiden was coming to town and they were playing Somewhere in Time in it's entirety, and I couldn't get a ticket.

A worse nightmare would be if you DID get a ticket, but all they played was the chorus of the title track over and over again until Bruce could hit the notes. 2 hours later, goodnight!

Back