Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

I'm just saying if you bring Rod Smallwood an opportunity to make money, he is going to grab it with both hands. That's who he is.

I think next Maiden album will be theirs next bestselling stuff toping the charts worldwide as previous work "TFF".

Actually Bruce said in Flight 666 that " Rod is the best rock'n roll manager in the world. For him is not just about the money, the fame and bullshit... it's about integrity and we did it our way". :p

Didn't Adrian state -some time ago- that they wanted to follow a "shorter songs" approach on this new album?

God, I hope so.
I mean, I love a good long song as much as the next guy. But it needs to be good.
Seems like lately their songs have been getting longer, just to get longer.

I just want some good short rockers. That hit you hard and fast.

He didn't "state" anything. I watched That Metal Show in question, and it isn't such a concrete statement, judging from his exact phrasing. He said maybe several times.

That's not mutually exclusive to what LC said. A good manager is supposed to take advantage of every opportunity, and at the same time maintain integrity.

I know and i understand it. But i was refering to what LC said only about the antecipation regarding not only a new album being out but also being released at the same time of the news of Bruce's recovery. Because if that is an opportunity to make money, i wonder if it's ethically acceptable. In my opinion, it isn't.

May 27th - Hey people, great news tomorrow!
May 28th - Bruce is 100%. Better than ever! ahhh er..... But that's not all, people!!!
NEW ALBUM OUT TODAY o_O

But i was refering to what LC said only about the antecipation regarding not only a new album being out but also being released at the same time of the news of Bruce's recovery. Because if that is an opportunity to make money, i wonder if it's ethically acceptable. In my opinion, it isn't.
Why isn't it? That shit happens all the time in the real world. Sports venues sell out when famous stars are scheduled to return from injuries. Movie stars have "comebacks" from injury or disease or incarceration (that's to you, RDJ) that catapult both them and their vehicles to greater fame. Why can't Iron Maiden do that?

Look, Maiden is great for two reasons, and one is because the music is awesome, but the other is because Rod managed them to the stars. Look at their early days - Rod made sure they had a multi-album deal before they made the first album, AND he got them to open for the biggest band in rock at the time, Kiss. He managed their US interactions brilliantly - everyone heard about Iron Maiden. Kids who wanted to piss off their parents bought The Number of the Beast en masse. This is because of Rod. If Maiden was a bad band, they'd never have lived up to it, but he put down the groundwork to make them get to each new height.

If they don't take advantage of this, from a business standpoint, that is a bad call.

It doesn't have to be done in bad taste. The facts speak for themselves. They had already made the album when suddenly their world-class singer (who happens to be an interesting dude) gets and beats cancer. Not just any cancer, but the worst one possible for his career. This is a story that people will naturally like. It's a positive story in the end, assuming all continues to go well for Bruce.

All Rod really has to do is the same thing he would have done anyway: set up the interviews, stir up the media. etc. He won't have to push the "cancer angle"; that story will write itself.

Getting a US #1 is tough. They're obviously in range, with #9 and #4 on the last 2 albums. They need to pick a good release week. I have no clue what pop album are expected this year, but they're not getting #1 the same week someone like Eminem or Taylor Swift puts out an album. It's true, a bump from cancer-related stories could be a big help.

Ya, Rod did an amazing job at everything and Maiden definitely need to take advantage of this situation the best they possibly can. Of course, if Bruce is able to continue singing, things will work out great as it has already been pointed out. However, if Bruce is never able to sing again, that could also sort of be a good thing as it could cause record sales to increase because people will know that there will never be another Maiden album again which could cause more people to go out and buy the new album.

It also avoids the negative publicity associated with making commitments they might not be able to keep, that is to say, if Bruce can't go.

Look, Maiden is great for two reasons, and one is because the music is awesome, but the other is because Rod managed them to the stars. Look at their early days - Rod made sure they had a multi-album deal before they made the first album, AND he got them to open for the biggest band in rock at the time, Kiss. He managed their US interactions brilliantly - everyone heard about Iron Maiden. Kids who wanted to piss off their parents bought The Number of the Beast en masse. This is because of Rod. If Maiden was a bad band, they'd never have lived up to it, but he put down the groundwork to make them get to each new height.
Correct. However, that was then. Now, Maiden are big enough. If people out here think they are not big enough, then OK, Rod's bag of tricks is still appreciated.

I care more about the music than status. In the last five years, they could have been more creative and productive without Rod's restrictive scheduling.
However, if Bruce is never able to sing again, that could also sort of be a good thing as it could cause record sales to increase because people will know that there will never be another Maiden album again which could cause more people to go out and buy the new album.
Yeah, good thing. o_O

Correct. However, that was then. Now, Maiden are big enough. If people out here think they are not big enough, then OK, Rod's bag of tricks is still appreciated.

I care more about the music than status. In the last five years, they could have been more creative and productive without Rod's restrictive scheduling.
What we think is irrelevant. What does the band think? And let's be honest - Rod Smallwood might be the business manager, but Steve Harris makes the final decisions. We all know this to be true. Maiden waiting to announce tourdates and album information for Bruce to be cancer-free makes sense on *every* level. I'm merely pointing out that Rod would certainly note that this includes the business level.

Yeah, good thing. o_O
We both know Travis meant "making the best out of a horrible situation".

What we think is irrelevant.
Doesn't a band or manager think about the public, the audience? Or about own creativity? We, discussing this, it certainly happens, so it is relevant out here isn't it? It might not have impact. Although, I do think the band is certainly busy with the hunger of the fans.
We both know Travis meant "making the best out of a horrible situation".
The best for people who make money out of it, but not necesserily for me ot other fans who are not busy with status.

Doesn't a band or manager think about the public, the audience? Or about own creativity? We, discussing this, it certainly happens, so it is relevant out here isn't it? It might not have impact. Although, I do think the band is certainly busy with the hunger of the fans.
Of course they think about that, but they make decisions for a host of reasons. What I think is that it doesn't really matter that much, because any band that has put out 15 albums - most of which are excellent, any band that has toured extensively across the world for the last 35 years and played thousands of dates, any band that has succeeded in the end of their career more than during their meteoric rise to fame, any band that meets all of these criteria owes their fans nothing. Not a damn thing.

The best for people who make money out of it, but not necesserily for me ot other fans who are not busy with status.
In that case, it's irrelevant to you what happens to the band themselves. I would be dismayed, too, but I think seeing the band get a #1 album would be pretty incredible. I would feel good about being a part of that success.

They do not owe us anything. But we do not owe anything to them either. I do not owe them applause for every decision they have made or will make.

A #1 album, because the frontman had cancer? Well, the support for the band would feel good indeed. But knowing that reasons outside the music will have to do with it, I'd have mixed feelings for sure.

And it can't beat Fear of the Dark's #1 spot in the UK. :D

They do not owe us anything. But we do not owe anything to them either. I do not owe them applause for every decision they have made or will make.
No, but you often act as if they owe you things. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. Nobody's making you stay a fan.

But somebody made a forum to give my opinion. That's all I do.
Giving an opinion does not mean applauding for everything they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back