Anybody up for a forum collaboration?

I put in a new one where I resynced it, same link, same name, should be up in a few minutes. I brought back the same JCM 800 marshall rather than the Slash Signature. The cymbals are a bit harsh, due to the harshness of how they sound in the room mic which is used extensively (plus, the high end and bass is cut, leaving mostly midrange and low treble). That will have to be automated throughout the track, as simple EQ in the 5-8 khz region where the harshness is, will leave the room track too dull when there are no cymbals. I brought up the Overheads a bit extra instead in the meantime to mask it. But that's for later. Dunno about the amount of 10 khz ish at the moment, in regards to cymbals, as I have a cold and don't hear very accurately there....

I think this will be the basic for the drum sound though, rather than overly scooped, overly processed like the first version - Plus, is sounds better in Mono than the first. The guitars sound different to the first version (the one before the remix) because there's no master EQ on the Master bus.

@Mosh @SinisterMinisterX @Saapanael

Last edited:
We just need some more guitars, vocals, and some time to dash out a few mixes, until I get one that sounds good enough.

Oh, and a spoken intro. I tried to do one and it sounds ridiculous.

I'll check the sync and increase the bass. I think the new drum mix is better though. It's more natural. Plus, it doesn't have that 120 ish hz snare resonance that's impossible to get rid of in a scooped, fat mix, without getting a tinny snare.

Yes, you got my snare sounding good. It's not a great snare, it does have that resonance problem. Great job on that.

I put in a new one where I resynced it

I'll make a general apology here for the sloppy drum performance. Just a bassist doing the best I can. :D

Just had a listen to the new mix - extremely good, @Yax! Drums sound awesome, sync is great.

Only two small requests for my bass:
1. If you can make it work, a touch more high end, to capture a bit more articulation. Not a lot, just a subtle bit more.
2. The first four bars of 7/8 after the chorus, where it's just bass and drums - my sync sounds off there, I think I was hair late in the performance. Can you fix that bit? (It sounds fine as soon as Mosh's guitar starts.) Maybe just a hair more bass volume there as well, since it's the only thing going with drums.

We'll see, nothing is set in stone anyway. No point in fine tuning anything at this point, as everything is relative to each other anyway. I have no guitar sound or vocal sound at this point so! :p
I'll fix the timing.

Alex vocals!

http://www.upload.ee/files/4528256/ATG_Lead_Vocals.zip.html
http://www.upload.ee/files/4528261/ATG_Vocal_Layers_and_Harmonies.zip.html

For mixing:
- the choruses have a lead vocal and two vocal layers, one for each speaker. Please pan the Left one to the left, the Right one to the right
- I added a High and Low harmony for a couple parts in the bridge that I really enjoy, but they shouldn't be mixed too high or they might be really overpowering.

Can't wait to hear the finished product!

Reactions: Yax
Back