Tournament Of Short Songs: Phase 1, Round 06

Vote for 1 or 2 of your FAVORITE songs:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules, list of songs and YouTube playlist of all songs in this thread.
I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

Boston - More Than A Feeling
Fates Warning - One
Helmet - Unsung
Magnum - The Prize
Ratt - Lay It Down

Weakest round so far, the only one I truly liked is More Than A Feeling. Hence, I'm voting for it.

I've grown new appreciation for Boston this year. The production on those albums is really great and the guitar sound is so pleasant to listen to. I get Somewhere In Time era vibes from a lot of that stuff, makes me wonder if they were an influence.

The sound of that first Boston album was tremendous - so clean and full and the band sounded so fresh.
their later albums all just sounded the same.

The first Boston is essential, you should definitely check it out. And while they did stick to a similar formula after that, I think the other albums (up to Walk On, haven't heard their last two) are worth checking out too. There are lots of great songs that came after the debut (Amanda, Don't Look Back) and even though they never came close to topping the debut, they still put out some quality music. Unfortunately there was so much delay between albums that they never really had a chance to develop any sort of sound. Talk about a band with unfulfilled potential.

Went with Boston and Ratt. Got a soft spot for some of that glam metal.

Same here. Incredibly infectious. Important role for the keyboard. Also a radio song for me. Yesterday I saw the clip for the first time. :)

Last edited:
Back