Iron Maiden 180g Black Vinyl Reissues

I got excited on Amazon after seeing that the vinyl collection box set was only £40. But then I found out that it was only the first three albums. I thought it was all the albums in this release.

Disappointment ensued.

The original uk release of piece of mind came in a gatefold sleeve which is why this one is in a gatefold sleeve. Know what you mean about space tho cuz my box now has the first 6 releases in it and it is full.

What has happend Maiden your 1998 Remastered Cd's sound loud and compressed to the point they hurt my ears and Nicko's cymbals sound terrible, when are you going to fix them ?, You don't release singles of new releases and apart from these new vinyl remasters sounding worse than my original vinyl Lp's (muffled like a cassette dub from the 1970's using Dolby C) you can not even get the box size dimensions correct, do you employ idiots? What a shame and i am so gutted :(, thats it for me no more Maiden collecting unless you seriuosly take a good hard look at your quality control and that includes perhaps a decent mastering engineer and i will seriously look at being a fan again :( Down The Irons , no Trooper Beer for me tonight: (

All of us...and Maiden :( Anyways, I've not heard anything bad about the sound before this post. Ive heard about the box dimensions before though, apparently you have to cram them in there..also some displeasure with the fact that there's no box for the singles. But as I haven't purchased any of these I can't say more about them.

But If you're gonna do this sort of thing then you better release it properly with proper companies and make sure its a class A+ product.....or else you can do this sort of thing again in 10-15-20 years time..

Just look at this Bob Dylan Basement Tapes CD collection, this is how you do it for the fans, and this is just one collection:

I've got new vinyl releases of "Killers" and "Powerslave" it sounds perfect a lot better than my original copies. Maybe you've got bad quality copies?!!

All of us...and Maiden :( Anyways, I've not heard anything bad about the sound before this post. Ive heard about the box dimensions before though, apparently you have to cram them in there..also some displeasure with the fact that there's no box for the singles. But as I haven't purchased any of these I can't say more about them.

But If you're gonna do this sort of thing then you better release it properly with proper companies and make sure its a class A+ product.....or else you can do this sort of thing again in 10-15-20 years time..

Just look at this Bob Dylan Basement Tapes CD collection, this is how you do it for the fans, and this is just one collection:

compared to my originals the first three sound terrible all muffled, I am not going to buy anymore, thank god I didn't sell my original "fame" pressings before replacing them, I sent the first three 2014's back :(

Maybe, the most of fans reviewed the 180 g new vinyls sound quality as very good, but some of them stated the vinyl pressings are "warped" ora "damaged"... So, I'd like to say - the 70s or 80s original vinyl pressings were a way more perfected in quality than todays collectors' vinyl offer - sad, it means generally NOT just in the case of Maiden reissues. The copies of "Killers" or "Powerslave" I've bought in my town in Poland (Pabianice) from local music store sound very good, dynamic with solid bass baze and controlled teble tones. I must admit I'v got the medicore equipment, Hi - Fi (CD Denon, AMP Pioneer, EQ/Processor Technics and The Turntable (sic!) Pro Jet of Technics) but completelly not "audiophile-wise" standard. So must say I'm satisfied with the quality of pressing, sound and the graphic standards of reissue copies. But... I've noticd the "Powerslave" sleeve colours and the graphics are too blury but the tone of the is more darker and saturated in comparition to original copies "from the age" (YES, I've got them too in my discos).
I've not bought the box - just view titles separately. The box size faux - pass is the really shame, just like a 'Spinal Tap' type hoax I recon(...)
I've got some queation - where are You from, mate? Mayby I've had some of bad luck, many people aren't satisfied with quality of vinyl pressings from last decades - Ithing is the problem with the acetate and the technology of cutting the pressing-matrix. I've got the oridinal pressing of The Rolling Stones on black vinyl from 2000s and the sound is crap, really bad...
If you are so deeply disappointed - send them back the box and make the retailers obligate to rechange the copies or make your money back in the wallet.
Don't Worry Friend - Future To Us Is Always Brighter Than The Longest Past. (Plato)

Anybody here in the USA know if the Live After Death reissue comes with the book? I hear the UK one does, I'd hope it's the same for the US version.

Boy they sure did MASSACRE the Seventh Son Artwork . . .how hard would it be to track down an original transparency? the contrast is all blown out and the image is blurred. Awful.

Hi...life-long fan here...first post and I'm going to be a bit negative ;-/

My box set is complete now...I was going to say 'it's full' but that was true by the time I slid LAD in there!

I just received my second copy of SiT...the first one went back after I noticed a significant warble about 2'50" into TLotLDR...but it's there on my second copy too: bad news...has anyone else noticed this?

So I've spent a good few quid and I'm a bit disappointed with this offering to be honest...
  • SiT has a pressing defect (?)
  • Yep, the box is too small
  • The artwork is pretty crap/blurry on the whole
This is not good enough for a 'collector's edition'. Of course, Amazon can't fix this...is there a proper avenue for complaint?

Ai, this doesn't sound good, digitalkettle. I hope you'll be able to do something about it. I haven't bought any of these releases myself but I could take a look at the FC forum for you (or are you a member yourself?), to see what people are saying out there.

@bearfan @Cornfed Hick (or other members?): Did or will you collect these items?

Back