ISIS Thread

Yes, of course they will, but the PKK is also an old enemy of Peshmerga. This is an enemy-of-my-enemy situation, and I don't think either side there still likes each other. It is just that ISIS is worse.

It happens. Think about what happened in my country. In three days, two ISIS-influenced men murdered two uniformed soldiers on Canadian soil. ISIS has a brilliant strategy for radicalizing people. They put videos on the internet. They don't have to go recruiting, they don't have to send people to our countries to get soldiers. They just wait for people who feel cast off from society to come to them. These guys didn't get a dime from ISIS. They didn't get a weapon. They just...acted on their own.

It's domestic terrorism at it's finest.

Al Qaeda did this too. Create a cause and you don't need to give anyone money or weapons, or even organise anything. Some nutter somewhere will just pick up on it.

In fact, you could say these guys weren't officially ISIS militants. They were heavily inspired by the terrorist groups, but not directly involved in the ISIS/Al Qaeda shell.

In fact, you could say these guys weren't officially ISIS militants. They were heavily inspired by the terrorist groups, but not directly involved in the ISIS/Al Qaeda shell.

Well, they could have been. There's two kinds of threats. Those who contact ISIS because they want to fight under their banner but are told by ISIS, to wait at home in their countries because they can do the most harm there......Or lone wolves who support ISIS and their cause and might have been watching ISIS videos etc but without actually being in contact with ISIS officially

Regardless, I consider them domestic terrorists. And like all acts of terrorism that have ever been pulled off in Canada, they are domestic. Almost every terrorist act in the USA is caused by domestic terrorism, too.

I would like to note something which many may not be aware of: The Battle of Kobanê is still going on as bad as it ever was.

Last edited:
It's impressive, and it confirms and repeats what I have seen and heard in the media.

1 and 6 interesting if you put them next to each other.

1. West, you have no clue about IS power.
6. West, that's alright because you should not be considered with it. Only Arabs can do something.

;)

EDIT:
Cameron and this German need to talk:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/29/david-cameron-uk-security-powers-isis-threat
"The terrorist threat was not created by the Iraq war 10 years ago. it existed even before the horrific attacks on 9/11, themselves some time before the war.

"This threat cannot be solved simply by dealing with perceived grievances over Western foreign policy. Nor can it be dealt with by addressing poverty, dictatorship or instability in the region - as important as these things are.

"The root cause of this threat to our security is quite clear. It is a poisonous ideology of Islamist extremism that is condemned by all faiths and faith leaders."

Last edited:
West should not intervene. West intervention is what caused Al Qaeda and ISIS in the first place. Arming of forces that opposed Soviet Union in Afghanistan created Taliban, arming of forces that opposed Saddam Hussein and Bashar Assad created ISIS. Join forces and destroy those terrorists idea might sound appealing, but it's unrealistic and has its consequences.

This threat cannot be solved simply by dealing with perceived grievances over Western foreign policy. It's unrealistic and has its consequences.

Last edited:
I agree to disagree with you on this matter. What I said has nothing to do with "perceived grievances of Western foreign policies" however. Western interference ignores a main basis for Islamic terror: Hatred of West. The more West meddles in with Middle East, the worse the perception gets.

The more people with totalitarian ideologies meddle with how things work in the West, the worse the perception of these people and their ideologies gets.
The worse the meddling gets.

Last edited:
Back