Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I shall make up for my recent slacking with a few posts related to today.
9sMCx1B.jpg

That's what I have in store tonight too. However, there are a sufficient number of young, single and drunk people on this forum. Step up, 20-somethings!!

Something makes me think the only drunk people here are 30+. :D

I'm still a 20-something (for another year, at least)!

And I'm drinking! And about to be drinking more! We only got 2 trick-or-treaters. Boo. Beer! Beer yay!

(This makes my previous post about disdaining Halloween drinking seem quite hypocritical, I know, but c'mon guys...Opeth! AMIRIGHT?!)

Come on, the song is fun too! :D

I can buy 3 of these:
Symbolic (Death)
Painkiller
Moving Pictures
Secret Treaties
Brave New World
Night Of The Stormrider
Holy Diver
Slaughter Of The Soul (At The Gates)

Help me choose.
Painkiller, Moving Pictures (these two are essentials), Brave New World.

This is controversial but I think Holy Diver is far form Dio's best work. I much prefer Last In Line and Dream Evil. Holy Diver is not a bad album, but there are tons of other albums that he sang on that are lightyears ahead of it for me. Moving Pictures and Painkiller on the other hand would probably make my all time top 5, with Painkiller being my favorite metal album of all time.

This is controversial but I think Holy Diver is far form Dio's best work. I much prefer Last In Line and Dream Evil. Holy Diver is not a bad album, but there are tons of other albums that he sang on that are lightyears ahead of it for me.
I wouldn't go as far as your last sentence but I certainly agree with LiL being better!
Moving Pictures and Painkiller on the other hand would probably make my all time top 5, with Painkiller being my favorite metal album of all time.
:)

I can buy 3 of these:
Symbolic (Death)
Painkiller
Moving Pictures
Secret Treaties
Brave New World
Night Of The Stormrider
Holy Diver
Slaughter Of The Soul (At The Gates)

Help me choose.
You don't have Painkiller? Man, didn't know you were such a newbie. ;) Welcome to the essence of metal.

I wouldn't go as far as your last sentence but I certainly agree with LiL being better!
When examining his entire body of work, I find the stuff he did with Rainbow and Sabbath to be much stronger overall than his solo stuff. Albums like Long Live Rock and Roll, Rising, Heaven and Hell. Those are what I usually go for when I want to listen to Dio. But yea as far as solo goes, Last In Line is by far my favorite, his best solo songs are on there imo.

Back