Tournament of INSTRUMENTALS: Semi Final A

Vote for your FAVOURITE instrumental track

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My favourite parts in these songs are in the first half.

2 >>>>>>> 1 because:
The favourite part of 2 is way longer (length: 5:49 (2) vs 1:29 (1)); and more important:
The favourite part of 2 is waaaaay better. Its core is possibly the best guitar solo ever recorded outside Europe. :devil:

The other parts in these songs are both not much to write home about but at least in 2 there's more going on.

Last edited:
My favourite parts in these songs are in the first half.

2 >>>>>>> 1 because:
The favourite part of 2 is way longer (length: 5:49 (2) vs 1:29 (1)); and more important:
The favourite part of 2 is waaaaay better. Its core is possibly the best guitar solo ever recorded outside Europe. :devil:

The other parts in these songs are both not much to write home about but at least in 2 there's more going on.

Actually, I think it was recorded in England, or maybe Wales. :p

...and 2, easy.

These are tough match-ups indeed. I have knee-jerk opinions, and I've heard each of these four songs many times, but for purposes of this game I feel I owe it to myself, Foro and the group generally (esp. Brig and Ariana, as I'm tentatively leaning toward voting for an all-Rush final and I don't want them to quit the forum :D) to give each one a listen at least one more time. Plus, Ktulu is a solid Halloween song.

I don't think I'd quit, just complain about it and pretend this survivor never happened. :p

Villa is the only instrumental left that I'd choose over Ktulu. It's my pick to win it all.

My favorite Metallica song versus my favorite Rush song. This is extremely difficult to decide.

Looking at the other matchup, I think this one should've been the final and not a semi final matchup.

Edit: Went with Ktulu.

Last edited:
Both amazing songs. The middle to end of La Villa Strangiato is brilliant, that jazzy spy riff is just epic. However, the dark, thundering creature from the depths of the sea takes my vote, and my sanity.

I think a YYZ-Ktulu final would be better than a La Villa-Ktulu final in my opinion. La Villa is great, but I can't vote against Ktulu.

That sounds preconceived. Just see what happens when you get the song from its pedestal (where it's alone) and look at both songs in a battle.

I think he simply meant that Ktulu is his favorite instrumental in the game. You're looking into it that way because you want La Villa to advance.

Take it as if I'm saying One is a better song than Xanadu. Even though I find one better than the other, Xanadu is a fantastic song still. It's the same with the instrumentals in this battle.

I think he simply meant that Ktulu is his favorite instrumental in the game.
Yes. But this game urges people to put songs into new contexts.
Take it as if I'm saying One is a better song than Xanadu. Even though I find one better than the other, Xanadu is a fantastic song still. It's the same with the instrumentals in this battle.
I see. Especially because I've noticed you are into Rush and Metallica material, I am stimulating a little extra to make judgement after correct comparison has been done. But perhaps you have already played possible battles in advance. ;)

Back