Official Football Thread

How come you don't capitalise sentence beginnings so often recently?
When I'm typing at work I'm often stealing moments here and there to answer posts. This has led to me wanting to avoid hitting extraneous keys.

That's how you start. Before you know it, you'll be ignoring punctuation and writing its instead of it's. <_<

That's how you start. Before you know it, you'll be ignoring punctuation and writing its instead of it's. <_<
I actually do not have the difference directly memorized, I have to go through a mnemonic in order to remember the difference every time:

Looking forward to see the duel between Pepe and Suarez. Could be brutal.

The lunatics are on the grass :innocent:

Oh, and 2-0 West Ham! Lovely. Second yellow for Kompany please.

... and 2-1. Things happening fast. Great goal by Silva.

I like West Ham, so that's a good result for me.

I really want Swansea to capture the momentum they had at the start of the season. If they didn't falter, I think they'd be vying with Southampton for a Champions League slot.

Liverpool vs Hull City the exact opposite of West Ham vs Man City so far. Low tempo, few chances, and the Anfield crowd sound like they are all asleep. Are they still hungover from mid-week?

Oh, and:

B0y9LuACIAAaYCG.jpg

Last edited:
I see that Balotelli is now becoming Liverpool's scapegoat too. IMO he isn't playing as bad as everyone's making him to be. Gerrard has been utter crap the whole season. I saw almost all of Liverpool's games this season even though I hate them, and Gerrard's a ruin of a player, been that way ever since The Slip. As long as he's a starter, Liverpool won't do anything of note.

I think their main problem is that their transfer window sucked. They didn't buy players capable of replacing their last season's starters. For example, Lovren has been shit this season, no way he's better than Agger or Sakho. Lambert and Balo aren't better than Suarez. Markovic and Lallana aren't better than Coutinho and Sterling. Can should start over Gerrard though. The only true upgrades are the fullbacks - Manquillo and Moreno are both miles ahead of Glen Johnson.

In comparison, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United all bought players who immediately became starters and improved the team in their position: Sanchez, Fabregas, Costa, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera, Blind etc.

It's easy for the Liverpool fans to make Balotelli the scapegoat. Rodgers have been open about him being a gamble, and so far it's not working well for him. When you add his playing style to it, he simply has to score goals in order to be accepted by the majority.

But Liverpool's problems are much deeper than just Balotelli not scoring goals. With Suarez sold and Sturridge injured, a lot of their attacking capability relies on Sterling's speed and creativity. And now that he's obviously out of form, they don't really pose a threat. Gerrard, as you say, simply isn't the player he once was. He doesn't run as much as before, he doesn't get in good positions as often.

All in all, Liverpool really are a shadow of what they were last season. And do I love it!

Back