Now Playing (Video Games)

Playing Fifa 15 as well. Am a sucker for career mode, have been for years.
I can only play the game with the sliders adjusted considerably. Otherwise too arcadey for me, plus defending is nigh impossible.

I don't really play video games, well modern ones anyway, I love old 80s and 90s Sega and Nintendo stuff, those were the golden days of video games :) However, some online and Android games I enjoy as of lately: Forge of Empires, Grepolis, The Simpsons Tapped Out, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Temple Run, Sonic Dash(doesn't compare to the old 90s Sonic games I grew up with, but still fun), and maybe some others I can't remember at this moment

I recently started playing FIFA 15 online, after trying it out as a single player for two weeks. Result? Disappointment. The game feels really awkward for me so far, online. Dribbling is overpowered, defending against is near impossible. The EA cheese continues, almost every game I concede a goal that has nothing to do with my faults. I pass the ball the way I do all the time, for some reason the game tries to do something fancy that time and loses the ball and it always ends up being a goal for the opponent. Couple of hours ago I played a game where I was up 2-1 going into the last 10 minutes. I missed three straight open goals with people who rarely ever miss in those situations then conceded a cheesy goal. Tied 2-2 heading into the injury time, I dribbled past a couple of players and was going for an open position, only to run into a teammate which resulted in an offside. Why the hell would a teammate stand in the way of a player who's going for a 1 v 1 scoring chance? In the last minute I got the ball and started an attack. My opponent was going all in for the win so he didn't have a lot of defenders back. I was going 5 on 2, I passed the center of the pitch going for a goal, then the final whistle blows.

Classic FIFA sweat and cheese continues. I wonder if people at EA get a kick out of seeing people lose their shit because of it.

Also a note: The game is pretty much impossible to play with a keyboard. They made certain movements too sensitive for a keyboard user. I have to get a gamepad ASAP.

Erase all of this from your mind. Turns out the reason for the sweat, impossible defending, touch sensitiveness and non-fluid game was my internet connection. Once it was back on track, I started dominating online like I did in FIFA 14. :D

That's why I don't play online, unreliable connection. I hope to have the funds for it next year.

QQ0CngB.jpg

I was Germany...

I bought a gamepad for FIFA 15 to try it out, didn't like it (significantly worsened my gameplay) and removed it. But for some reason it messed up my in-game keyboard configuration. I tried everything but it never went back to normal. Controller Settings look normal but in game they don't work accordingly to those settings. As a result, I now have to use a gamepad. Went from a great FIFA player who dominated every game to a shit FIFA player who wins occasionally. I almost broke my gamepad and the game DVD in reaction to the keyboard not working anymore.

Currently doing a Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory run through, since it's been years and years since I last played it. I must say I forgot how good the game actually is. I especially love the Bank level.

As a result, I now have to use a gamepad.
go into your c:\users\yourname\appdata and remove the appdata folder for your game. That should force it to rebuild the preferences.

NOTE: I do not guarantee this fixes it, and it might require a FULL reinstall of the game. Any data not saved to the cloud may be lost.

That's what I don't like about EA's soccer video games. Looks like you dominated, getting off 8 shots on goal, while the computer got off just two shots total -- and both went in. Unjust.
It happens in real life too though, though not as often:

aYFRj.jpg

That's what I don't like about EA's soccer video games. Looks like you dominated, getting off 8 shots on goal, while the computer got off just two shots total -- and both went in. Unjust.

It was actually an online game against another person, which makes it even more annoying.

It happens in real life too though, though not as often:

In addition to not happening as often there's a tricky part, since AI controls the goalkeepers in FIFA there's nothing you can do except hope your keeper saves the shots. In real life a well performing goalkeeper might win the game by himself and it wouldn't make it less deserved.

go into your c:\users\yourname\appdata and remove the appdata folder for your game. That should force it to rebuild the preferences.

NOTE: I do not guarantee this fixes it, and it might require a FULL reinstall of the game. Any data not saved to the cloud may be lost.

Tried both, didn't work.

It could also be linked with your computers settings in general, not just the game settings. Have you tried it with older FIFA's?

I did. I'm currently playing on a keyboard but the game is still fucked. For example in the Controller Settings menu the button to move up is assigned to be Up Arrow but in game it's K. So I reversed them around and adapted the game to the controls. Aside from that, in all FIFA series you assign a button for diving tackle/cross and one for standing tackle/shoot. It somehow switched to diving tackle/shoot and standing tackle/cross. That's not even editable. Physics of the controls are also weird, it feels like I'm using a controller through a keyboard.

I'm giving Darksiders a rest. I'm working my way through Castle Crashers playing it with every character. I find it very destressing since it is a very straight forward game. I also borrowed DOA 4 and Bully from a friend of mine. As for new games I finally got NHL 15. Holy crap has the franchised changed. I have mixed feelings about it. I am very impressed with the graphics, "physics" and overall gamplay. I also like the NBC broadcasting crew doing the commentary. I don't know if it's my nostalgia glasses, but I was not impressed at all with the title screen.

When NHL 98 could do this:

And all we get now is this:

Seriously? the fastest game on the planet and they get that underwhelming rom-com feel good intro? I was feeling pumped after the 98 intro, I feel like taking a nap after that... WTF? As to the game itself... I am very overwhelmed with all the choices. Pro? Legend? GM? Season? A lot of it is geared for online play which I have never liked. After staring like an idiot at all the options for like a good 20 minutes I decide a simple season was the best way to start. All I can say is this is the NHL game I've been waiting for my entire life. It is taking me some time to get accustomed to the "skill stick" gameplay, but not since NHL 94 has a game been so challenging. Through 17 games I have a 9-8 record and I have gotten my ass handed to me on several ocassions losing against Detroit 5-0 and another game (I forget against who) 6-2. I have done my fair share of ass kicking myself winning a few games 5-2, but there have been close ones like when I beat Montreal 1-0. Given it is an entire season I am not very worried. I am on pace to making the playoffs, I do not expect to win the cup, but who knows, maybe in 20 games or so I got a handle on it to where I can win more than just 2 or 3 games in a row before dropping 2. Very happy with it. Currently playing it at "pro" difficulty with 5 min periods.

Got bored of easy winning in FIFA Career Mode. So I started a "from rags to riches" campaign with Bristol Rovers in League 2. Mission: win EPL and CL in 10 seasons time.

Got bored of easy winning in FIFA Career Mode. So I started a "from rags to riches" campaign with Bristol Rovers in League 2. Mission: win EPL and CL in 10 seasons time.

I'm doing a career mode with Bursaspor, an upper/mid-tier Turkish league team. Signed some bargain youngsters, looking forward to their development.

I've gotten more competent at NHL 15, but it is still a challenge. When I'm done with this season I'll probably do a GM mode on a higher difficulty. I've been rotating that with Castle Crashers, 1942: Joint Strike, and DOA4

Back