Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It does. ATSS, Judas be my Guide and the title track are up there with their very best.
I always thought that its main problem was that during the time it was released, Maiden were 'cool'. Together with Motörhead, Alice Cooper and other acts, hard rock and metal were embraced by Los Angeles at the time, and I think you can tell that this reflected on the album. From Here to Eternity, Chains of Misery and Wasting Love are prime examples of this. These are commercial numbers, and you can tell Maiden did not enjoy them at all - hence the lackluster performance on the album with zero passion put into the playing whatsoever.

Probably to the other 2, but Wasting Love? I see it as a response to the rising popularity of the power ballad, and in my view, Maiden did a pretty good job with it. It's no Fade To Black or One, but it's still an entertaining song with enough passion behind it.

Out of all the 90's Maiden albums, FOTD is probably my favourite, even though it does house 2 out of my 3 least favourite Maiden songs. Title track is in my top 5 Maiden songs, ATSS is great, BQOBD and Wasting Love are both solid, and there's a few decent songs like The Fugitive and Judas scattered about too.

I went by the Canadian embassy today. Half-mast, but no extra security.

In honour of Canada, I am spelling honor with a U and will watch some Hockey tonight. Hopefully that was it and there is not more to come.

Back