05/06/15 Warehouse Live – Houston, TX
05/08/15 House of Blues – Orlando, FL
05/09/15 Revolution – Fort Lauderdale, FL
05/11/15 Marathon Music Work – Nashville, TN
05/12/15 Expo Five – Louisville, KY
05/13/15 Filmore – Charlotte, NC
05/14/15 Filmore – Silver Springs, MD

10614278_10154650582535068_1902024082038436063_n.jpg

FINALLY a metal band plays in Salt Lake City! Seems like every band is skipping me now that I've moved out of Arizona. I'm sad to miss Opeth, Kamelot, and Sabaton/Amon Amarth, but at least I'll see Nightwish!

I like a fair amount of female-fronted metal bands, it gets kind of repetitive after a while but here's a few I enjoy:

Nightwish
Epica
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil

and, I like The Gathering but they have kind of a different sound, not like the typical symphonic Nightwish-type sound, they're more alternative-ish

and, I guess I like Delain, I saw them open for Kamelot last year and enjoyed them but haven't gotten around to getting anything from them

I like a fair amount of female-fronted metal bands, it gets kind of repetitive after a while but here's a few I enjoy:

Nightwish
Epica
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil

and, I like The Gathering but they have kind of a different sound, not like the typical symphonic Nightwish-type sound, they're more alternative-ish

and, I guess I like Delain, I saw them open for Kamelot last year and enjoyed them but haven't gotten around to getting anything from them

I used to like Lacuna Coil, but then I heard other female metal bands (without annoying male co-singers) and realized I no longer liked Lacuna Coil. Falling Again is cool song, though.

Yeah, shortening Lacuna Coil to LC ain't gonna work on Maidenfans, I was already picturing LooseCannon's one man show opening for Sevendust :p

Ah yes, glad to see another Sevendust fan on here, love them, one of the few nu-metal bands worth listening to.. and what exactly do you mean by that, that they're the AC/DC of alt-metal, sorry I just don't quite get what you mean

Ah yes, glad to see another Sevendust fan on here, love them, one of the few nu-metal bands worth listening to.. and what exactly do you mean by that, that they're the AC/DC of alt-metal, sorry I just don't quite get what you mean

They kind of release the same album over and over again. Granted, the formula works for them and I love their sound, but I can't listen to too much without the songs blurring together.

I don't find Lacuna Coil anything to write home about, but I thought they did a great job when I saw them live - was pleasantly surprised. The male singer works, I think, and he's quite a character on stage.

And congrats, LC, I had no idea your new job involved performing live. :D

eh yea, I guess you are right Knicker that a lot of their stuff tends to sound the same after a while, but whatever, I still enjoy them.. but anyhoo, back to female-fronted bands, can't wait to see Within Temptation tonight, wohoo! Some band called Amaranthe are opening, I listened to a few of their songs, they don't sound like anything too special, just a run-of-the-mill Nightwish/Epica kinda band, but, maybe I'll end up liking them after seeing them

Back