Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

"Tie your shoelaces or you'll fall down." Exactly what happened today, 100m from home. I hope no one was around to see me rolling on the ground like an idiot. My knees hurt. At least something interesting happened today :p.
--
Classic South Park is just genius, the last 3 or so seasons have sucked a lot.
The majority of Family Guy is very very good, the last couple of seasons haven't been the same but haven't straight-out sucked either.
The Simpsons went to crap more than 5 years ago, maybe they've recovered again, I haven't watched it in a long time. The old episodes are awesome though.

I think the reason so many people have turned on the Simpsons is that it shifted from an intelligent humour style to basically become Family Guy lite. It's still funny at times, and really isn't THAT bad at all, but yeah, the early seasons are superior television.

"Tie your shoelaces or you'll fall down." Exactly what happened today, 100m from home. I hope no one was around to see me rolling on the ground like an idiot.

Last year I was walking along the most crowded street in the city I lived in. I was looking at my phone and didn't notice the lamppost in front of me, then: BAM. Hit my forehead straight on the post. The people around saw it as it happened, I fled the scene with quicksteps. :D

Last edited:
The Simpsons have been all over the place over the years. It seemed very quick fire and clever when it began, but looking back, those episodes look very slow now. It was eclipsed for a while by the more crude, and the sharper, more satirical animated series. I'm not sure I could go back to it now.

Reactions: RTC
Last year I was walking along the most crowded street in the city I lived in. I was looking at my phone and didn't notice the lamppost in front of me, then: BAM. Hit my forehead straight on the post. The people around saw it as it happened, I fled the scene with quicksteps. :D

I'm sorry for your forehead, but that's really very funny.

It sucks during the summer ... I was out there in July and it was over 110 every day. This past week was really nice. No hotter than 85. But living and visiting are different. It is easy to stay in the air conditioning as a visitor. I really like going there for 3 or 4 days at a time, beyond that it is a bit too much ... just a constant assault on each and every sense.

I was just in Vegas in mid-August and it was damn hot. Saw Zoomanity and thought it was quite good, but very bizarre.

Living in Vegas literally sounds like hell. It's a pit. The only good thing about it is that you can drink on the streets.

I get the sense that living in Vegas and visiting Vegas are two TOTALLY different experiences.

Vegas isn't hell -- at least it has world-class restaurants. Reno, on the other hand ... Reno is hell.

I have family who lived in Reno and later moved to Las Vegas. Reno definitely doesn't have many redeeming qualities and is just trashy without the charm Vegas has.

Vegas isn't that bad at all though. They live in the suburbs which is pretty far removed from the strip and they rarely if ever hang out down there. There's no reason to, everything you need is in the off strip areas, where it's just like any other normal suburb. It's completely different from the strip. It's actually really nice, a very small and laid back area.

I have family who lived in Reno and later moved to Las Vegas. Reno definitely doesn't have many redeeming qualities and is just trashy without the charm Vegas has.

Vegas isn't that bad at all though. They live in the suburbs which is pretty far removed from the strip and they rarely if ever hang out down there. There's no reason to, everything you need is in the off strip areas, where it's just like any other normal suburb. It's completely different from the strip. It's actually really nice, a very small and laid back area.

Yeah, I have a cousin who lives there in a really nice community. He says they rarely go down to the strip (usually for a concert or something) and they enjoy it there.

I'm sure there are decent suburbs and smaller areas of Las Vegas, but it's the location and the climate that make it hell for me. It's hot, it's dry, it's literally in the middle of nowhere, there are tourists everywhere...it's like the Mos Eisley spaceport of U.S. cities.

Back