The Post Your Own Music Thread

Maidenfans music project? Hell yes.

Edit: Damn nice instrumental dude!

I assume you were referring to me because mine is the only instrumental on this page. Thanks, I appreciate that.

hi all

please check out and comment on my side project, Between Two Worlds and our 1st song Orphan - a Celtic/Nordic inspired ballad!

Beautiful song. A beautiful voice drenched in reverb just sounds marvellous.

Finished another song. Took 2 weeks and a lot of frustration because I had to learn to use Soundation, the new program for creating drums and bass (and synth at the very end of the song). This one is a bit different from anything I've done but not too far away, just focuses more on lead guitar. I have been listening to a lot of Satriani (I'll probably be covering Surfing with the Alien and uploading that next) and he's definitely had some influence on me, maybe even a tad bit of Vai in there. Hope you enjoy.
Also, freakish hand movements at 1:34 - 1:43.

cool song dude - I like it but I loved Oblivion more - that was KILLER

Honestly? We've got enough talent here to do some worthwhile "Maidenfans project" music :D

Saap on Guitar,
MrKnicker on Guitar/vocals
Foro/Myself: Drums
Yax Production
Innerdream: Keyboards? (sorry don't know what you play) ;)
Nice idea Sixes, but I'd rather see you playing in it. I am a bit busy (2 other bands plus other private stuff) and not less important, I am not that good in fast bass drum and cymbal stuff (these fast double and triple hits) that Maiden's drums are so known about.

I've been practising Surfing with the Alien for a while. It's an amazingly fun song to play so I decided to make a video of it.

I think it's great that you have such a clean signal. No hiding behind a wall of distortion there! Great playing.

Thank you!

I think it's great that you have such a clean signal. No hiding behind a wall of distortion there! Great playing.

Yeah, well, I've been trying out quite a lot of tones and this one seems to do the trick for now, it's Satch-influenced. A little bit of reverb, a little bit of delay (delicious short delay) and phase because I don't have a wah pedal and phase gives it a slightly more high-end treble-y sound.

Reactions: Yax
Hi all Irons!!!

please feel free to listen and comment on my bands latest track Heart of a Warrior

your thoughts and feedback are always welcome!!!

cheers

*grumbles about everyone being better than me :(*

Seriously though, I am in awe of this work, both the compositions and the playing. Put's me to shame, especially given how I've not exactly been playing a short time, can't use that excuse any more :(

Hats off, to everyone!

That's an awesome harmony at 2:15 @Saapanael! Great playing; and is that the Adrian Smith Signature or SDX? Awesome guitar either way :)

If you don't mind checking it out, I made this tribute song a while back.

https://soundcloud.com/san-kilkis/sailing-on-the-rifts-of-time

Thanks a bunch. But which song do you mean? "In the Wind" or the Satch cover? They both have a harmony at 2:15 :D. The guitar is a Smith SDX, you got it!

Your tribute is very nice, definitely a ton of Maiden in there. I like your style, it's somewhat similar to mine.

Thanks a lot @Brigantium & @Saapanael! That means a lot to me :bigsmile:

Thanks a bunch. But which song do you mean? "In the Wind" or the Satch cover? They both have a harmony at 2:15 :D. The guitar is a Smith SDX, you got it!

Your tribute is very nice, definitely a ton of Maiden in there. I like your style, it's somewhat similar to mine.

I meant it toward "In the Wind" but realized it also applied to the Satch cover as well. Maybe one day many of us will collab on this forum, it would be very interesting to hear what comes out of all of our styles. :edmetal:

hello all once more!

My project Between Two Worlds has a new song for you folks to listen, critique and hopefully like

called Oceans and its a good ol' slab of symphonic rock/metal with folky elements!

Huh....doesn't sound like any Satch I know straight off the bat, but it sounds like it could be Satch. I'd say roll with it. At worst, he'll sue you like Coldplay!

I had the same thing happen to me recently: I kept playing the same melody on guitar and couldn't figure out what it was...turns out it was the main theme from The Lord of the Rings movies. :D

Back