Blaze Bayley

I wouldnt count on that! Last time in the US there were some gigs with less than 15 tix sold...

At the St. Paul, MN show I went to, there were MAYBE 20 people in the audience...25 max. But you know what? He performed his ass off, looked genuinely happy to be there, and didn't seem put off by the crowd size whatsoever. I'd see him live again in a heartbeat, so I do hope he adds some US dates again.

Go there. You'll meet the man.

Yes, you will. He typically tells the crowd near the end of the show he'll be at the bar for as long as people want to take pictures and meet him.

At the St. Paul, MN show I went to, there were MAYBE 20 people in the audience...25 max. But you know what? He performed his ass off, looked genuinely happy to be there, and didn't seem put off by the crowd size whatsoever. I'd see him live again in a heartbeat, so I do hope he adds some US dates again.

That's exactly my point! I know that BB always give 200%, 2 persons or 200 in front of him doesn't change that, but at the end of the day the promotor and the venue needs to pay their bills... I don't think that the venue in ST. Paul will ask him back because he was professional with only 20 persons in front of him!

That's exactly my point! I know that BB always give 200%, 2 persons or 200 in front of him doesn't change that, but at the end of the day the promotor and the venue needs to pay their bills... I don't think that the venue in ST. Paul will ask him back because he was professional with only 20 persons in front of him!

Agreed, and there were similar reports on forums springing up like that all over the States of VERY low attendance. Yet, I do remember in 2012 Blaze was trying to put together another US tour. It fell through, quite possibly because of the promoter/venue issue you mentioned.

I was going to try to go see him in San Antonio whenever he was there last a few years ago, but I could not make it. I was pretty shocked though that he could not get dates in Houston and Dallas as well, pretty much every band of any size that swings through Texas hits those 3 (sometimes either San Antonio or Austin) and some even include El Paso, College Station, Beaumont, Midland/Odessa.

I just cannot see how he can pay the expense of coming here and skipping so many large cities that are not all that far away by car (if you do it right, you can hit 6 or 7 good sized cities just in Texas without driving more than 4 hours from on to another)

Perhaps he wanted to travel more to play in cities that are more apart from each other. On purpose to give fans in the USA a bigger chance to catch him? More spread out.

I don't know .. it does not make sense. Even Maiden with their limited tour schedule always hits all 3 when they are on a full blown US tour.

Dallas/Ft Worth Metro area .. 6.5 million people
Houston Metro Area ... 6 million people
San Antonio+Austin Metro ... 3.8 million people

I would think he could find 200ish or so people in each of those areas to come see a show ...

Last edited:
They did that in 2004 in Hamburg. I was set to go there but didn't want to go alone. <_<

I wonder what Silicon Messiah would've sounded like as a Maiden album. On one hand it seems like an awesome idea, on the other I feel like it wouldn't come out as good.

That's great Cried! Thanks. I'd like to add the Maiden songfacts in the corresponding topics.

edit:
Songfacts: Looking back through all the albums that you've sang on throughout your career, what would you say is your favorite from a songwriting perspective?

Blaze: That's so difficult. I'd choose between my album Blood & Belief and my album Silicon Messiah. There's some great music on both. ...
You're so right about that Blaze! :) I'd only have added The X-Factor as well. ;-)

Last edited:
Enjoying the new Blaze Bayley DVD. Most definitely captures the BB live experience.

Enjoying the new Blaze Bayley DVD. Most definitely captures the BB live experience.

Mine's in the mail, hopefully getting here soon. I just wish he was offering a CD version as well. Asked him about it, but he said he's put all his funds into the DVD. Got the same response when I asked about making The Night that Would Not Die DVD available again. Boo.

UPDATE: Boo again. Got the DVD in the mail today, and has problems playing on my PS3, which is my primary movie-watching thingamabob. The menu came up with no sound, and a pink overcast. Restarted it, and the color was correct, but still no sound--it's probably because it's a region-free NTSC (although it does have a German PAL tab on the front cover).

Just checked my laptop, and it plays fine on there, but then again, my various laptops could always play PAL and other region stuff.

Last edited:

Yes, you will. He typically tells the crowd near the end of the show he'll be at the bar for as long as people want to take pictures and meet him.
I was as the same show! And yes, he was so amazing and energetic! It was so great to meet him and get my X Factor book signed as well.

Back