Queensryche & Geoff Tate

How the hell does Tate afford to pay his cast of thousands?
People can't actually be paying to see that crap.

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but how was the new Todd La Torre Queensryche album? From what I've heard from other people, it's a good album hindered by some awful production.

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but how was the new Todd La Torre Queensryche album? From what I've heard from other people, it's a good album hindered by some awful production.
The production itself is stellar, but somewhere between delivering the stems to the mastering engineer and the final product there was some distortion introduced. It's only noticeable in spots though. There are plenty of albums that suffers more from induced distortion (like Death Magnetic...)Public blames mastering engineer, Mastering engineer blames it on receiving too hot stems. The album is pretty solid.

That being said, it does sound pretty fatiguing. It is very compressed, the distortion aside, but there is some great production hidden underneath.

Last edited:
Oh Per and LC, he hit those respective points long ago (or well, I started to pity what he has become quite some time ago).

http://queensryche.com now redirects to http://operationmindcrime.com/

So that means Queensryche should be getting queensryche.com once Tate completely loses the name at the end of the month. I hope he enjoys fading more and more into obscurity.

On a more positive note, QR plans to have the new album done in about 6-8 months: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/queensryche-drummer-says-band-was-in-a-dark-place-for-a-long-time/ And they're saying it will have more of a Mindcrime sound to it: http://www.vindication156.net/index.php?topic=273.0

I'm not sure what's worse. The wait for this or some new Maiden. They're pretty equal for me actually.

Looking forward to what GT does next..
Why would you look forward to what's someone who can barely sing, has put out mostly crap music over the last 7 years, and has done all the damage to the Queensryche name? Unless you mean you're curious about what his next move will be.

Anyways, after tonight, Tate officially, completely loses the QR name! HELL YES!!!

From: http://www.vindication156.net/index.php?topic=12.msg7362#msg7362

And now, a parody of Revolution Calling.

For ten years we got the short shrift
While you and your family
Ripped our reputation to shreds
Then we heard a guy named Todd, a man with a voice
That made the dreams of revitalization dance inside of our heads

Got no love for your theatrics
Or the nepotism we see
Or your ass-kissing friends
Now the time is right for changes
'Cause now we've got a feeling
That kicking your ass out of Queensryche is long overdue

We had to play the songs that you wanted to play, getting your way
But then we saw the fanbase leaving us in droves
What's left to do but take back our control?

Retribution calling
Retribution calling
Retribution's calling you
It's our retribution calling
Retribution calling
Gonna make a change with a game plan that doesn't need you

We got tired of all your bullshit
Walking on the thin line for you
And never getting respect
Writing with your friends and tossing us aside
Wrecking the Mindcrime saga with your love story dreck

But now the truth is out, the name belongs to us
Good luck regaining any respect
With LaTorre on our side, we're back and kicking hide
Bringing the old-school 'Ryche back for the people to see

I know you thought that only the family Tate way was right
But now the wheel of karma has kicked you in the face
Time to see the world put you in your place

Retribution calling
Retribution calling
Retribution calling

So now it's August 31st and now the name is rightfully ours
Don't try to make excuses or fall back on your wine
Bankruptcy awaits in a matter of time

Retribution calling
Retribution calling
Retribution calling
Gonna make a change with a game plan that doesn't...
Retribution calling
Retribution calling
Retribution calling

There's nothing you can do

VICTORY IS OURS!
VICTORY IS OURS!
VICTORY IS OURS!

Not saying Geoff will set the world on fire with his next record, BUT the Toddryche cd is completely uninspired 80's Warning-style metal IMO. The songs don't sound fully formed, they sound thrown together. Where is the progression or social commentary? QR were born with Rage For Order, the style before that they had was limited. The creativity left with Geoff. Without him and without Degarmo, Toddryche will crash and burn after a few years..

I love The Warning but besides that I agree. Yea it's cool that the new QR has gone back to a more metal sound, but the songs are just as bland and uninspired as they were when GT was in the band. Not to mention rushed. For better or worse, Geoff, along with DeGarmo until he left, was the creative force of the band and without the both of them I wouldn't be surprised if QR is having serious trouble coming up with great material. Especially after listening to the album, it's not even full length and it's still loaded with bland filler sounding songs.

The way I see it, QR has maybe one or two more albums in them before they either break up, try to get Geoff back, or become even more of a nostalgia act than they already are, just without the new albums.

Back