Tournament of Instrumentals (r1): 109 vs 110 + 111 vs 112

Vote for your FAVOURITE instrumental track: 1 vote per battle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Enjoyed both tracks in the first pair, but voted 109.
Disliked both tracks in the second pair. One is too jazzy, the other is too Rushy. Not voting there.

Using Adrian Smith is completely unfair. :nonono: Besides, this track sounds nothing like him.

Have you heard that solo in 112? What if Adrian Smith made such a track? Would you have liked it? :)

Similar scale to his solo in El Dorado. Has a similar sense of melody too. I could imagine him playing something like that.

Me too. Plus I'd say Isle of Avalon has a very Rushy part (the rhythm (and guitar+bass-playing) during his lengthy solo).

Oh yea, the first thing I thought when I heard the instrumental section was Rush. Lifeson and H have a very similar style, I don't think it's too far-fetched to say that if you enjoy one's playing, you can enjoy the other no problem.

Isle of Avalon has never been among my favourite Maiden tracks. Perhaps for a reason. :p
Vocals or not, Rush just isn't my thing, sorry.

110 has some great playing, but 109 is a better composition.

Isn't Pastorius one of Lee's idols?
112, in case my opinions on this matchup weren't entirely predictable.

109 sounds like a straight forward rock song to me. 110 is much superior, both from a playing and a compositional standpoint.
111 is my suggestion but 112 is one of my personal favorites, would've suggested it if it wasn't in.

I like 109. Checked out Mason Ruffner, talk about underrated. The three songs I've heard from him are all good. Nice guitaring.
110 is interesting and technically masterful. Gets my vote very closely.

111 is not something for me.
112, as Knick said, is YYZ, one of my favourite instrumentals. The drumming is cool, the solo is great and damn, that glass-shattering sound makes it complete.

Back