Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are rumours that Maiden have booked a studio in Paris in september. Apparently, Suresnes would be the spot (but unfortunately, there are a couple of very good recording studios there).

Guillaume Tell Studios, perhaps? It's where they recorded Brave New World. Also, source?

A friend of mine, working in a french Metal magazine, told me that a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really pay attention to this because he couldn't name the studio, and because Steve has this new studio in Portugal, I thought they could use to gather and write. But yesterday, I read the same thing from a different source in the Fan Club forum ; a guy whose username is Tom, and who is generally well informed, relayed the information. Plus, they tend to avoid Steve's studio since 1999, and Bruce expressely named it as a source of problems between him and Harry.
I don't want to spread rumours myself, so I only posted it for the french members who would wish to spend a day waiting in the street in front of a studio.
According to my friend, Paris is likely to be the location, and Suresnes is his bet ; unfortunately, there are several good studios there.
Is this alright ? :)

Exciting stuff. I'll have to have a look on the fan club forum myself.

Edit: I looked on the Fan Club forum and 'Tom' doesn't say very much! :p But yeah, people on there think he knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:
Well, this is not exactly new : this is the studio of his former house near London (the "Barn"). He has sold the house (or at least put it for sale) and consequently moved his studio to Portugal, improving it in some ways I think. This is were British Lion has rehearsed prior to the recent tour, this is were they intend to record their next album. Steve has lent it to Deep Purple recently (http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-07-21/deep-purple-s-8-year-studio-lesson).

Yeah, Barnyard Studios, where No Prayer, X Factor and V XI were recorded. His Essex mansion. Think he used it for mixing live vids too. Doubt that Maiden will ever record at his new place in Portugal, but I am sure that when Maiden call it a day, British Lion will continue as a project and use it. Hopefully he will use it for mixing some previously unseen maiden stuff too, when he has more time on his hands.

BL will not wait Maiden retirement to release a new record, though : according to Leslie and Taylor, they are planning to do something after Maiden's next tour (Taylor said in two years). And they intend to release a DVD of last year's tour, which was entirely filmed.

Didn't someone say he still has a contract for one more solo album? I was thinking that Tyranny was one short of the total. Maybe I'll go look.

I remember that too, either that or Tyranny was the start of a new contract for three albums or whatever. I have a feeling we won't have to wait until he retires though.

And what about those rumours about a Roy Z' discontent ? Some things would already have been recorded, and their release would be blocked for some reasons.

I agree with both view points. I too would like to see them cut down on the length of the songs but on the other hand, when they ARE making short songs it's not exactly Aces High or The Trooper anymore....

Best short songs since 2000 have been Rainmaker and The Fallen Angel if you ask me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back