Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it had to be connected to such a generic dud.
I agree. I think the contrast between the two songs was intended, but it simply didn't work.
If it is Maiden's last album (which I doubt), I hope they quit in grand style, with the desire to let something special.

I feel their last 4 albums all have an 80's feel to them, but just with longer and more progressive songs. I'm hoping they go super, extra, mega progressive on the next album. Their version of Dream Theater or something like that. It's hard to say if they have that type of writing ability and talent though. Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be amazing!

I agree. I think the contrast between the two songs was intended, but it simply didn't work.
I think it would've worked better if it was attached to a better song. The fact that it was such a rehash of their past three album openers made it seem like Sat15 was simply tacked on. Which could very well have been the case.

A longstanding rumour (to the persistence of which I am contributing now), is that one of these songs grew up to become Tears of the Dragon.
Given that we got quite a bit of semi-acoustic material from Maiden and Bruce in the early nineties, I wouldn't be surprised if we got to hear all of it that was worth hearing.

Yes, it was 28 years ago, and Bruce wasn't a very prolific contributor at the time : maybe he has submitted 3-4 songs to Steve, so Perun's opininion really makes a sense.

Oh goodo, months to speculation to come. Gives us something to do.

Stardust - surely you joined well after SMX vanished? I know I did.

Theory: Stardust is really SMX just fucking with us :D

It'd explain the Genesis obsession at least :eek:

Theory: Stardust is really SMX just fucking with us :D

It'd explain the Genesis obsession at least :eek:

It would explain why Stardust was upset at the typo...

However, I've checked Stardust's IP almost religiously against a list of known proxies in Sweden, because I've long since suspected he was an older forum member fucking with us. I just checked again, and I can't find it. His IP has been very stable since joining...so unless someone we know has moved to Skane...

That answer makes suspiciously little sense.

However, I've witnessed Stardust speak Swedish to a Swede.

Last edited:
No, it was in the chat, with Natalie. And it seemed perfectly fine to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back