How do you guys feel about the newer Maiden albums?

Do you like Modern Maiden?

• Total voters
I just listened to Matter of Life and Death ... again. In no way is it bad, it is simply different. Personally I enjoy the 80s stuff more, but post-Reunion material is definitely quality material, too. Different strenghts and strokes for different folks, I suppose. Aaaah, a lovely little poem.:duckie:

I like new Maiden just like old Maiden, and don't separate the two in my head. I also like 90s Maiden, and Blaze, and Paul, and whatever. If I had to make a best Maiden song list for myself, I'd be pulling tracks from every album most probably. Starblind is my favorite Maiden song.

I love the new Maiden. Maybe it's because it was the first era I listened to when I started getting into Maiden, but I think their new stuff is absolutely phenomenal! Most people moan about their decision to make most of their songs longer than 6 minutes, but I think it's fantastic.

AMOLAD, TFF and BNW are all quite high up in my top 10 Iron Maiden albums. Whilst For The Greater Good Of God, When The Wild Wind Blows, The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, The Talisman, and Paschendale are high up in my top 10 Maiden songs (FTGGOG and Paschendale, being two of my all time favourite songs of all time).

So yeah, the stuff they're doing now, is on par with the stuff they were doing during their peak in the 80's. Fingers crossed the new album is of the same standard!

I reckon the last 4 albums stand up remarkably well with the first 7.

I'm not one to bash 90s Maiden but NPFTD, FotD, TXF and VXI are not in the same league as the 11 that bookend them.

Love the post-reunion material. Ranks right behind the classic era and I even rank some of the "new" albums higher than the classics (AMOLAD is a top 5, maybe 3).Amazing that this band is still firing on all cylinders - live and in the studio and are as great as theyve ever been.

Back