Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

No expert in predicting but considering the next year will be the band's 50th anniversary, they have two plaussible routes if it is going to be a legacy tour and not 3rd leg of DOFP:

1. 40th anniversary of Live After Death, hence a stage theme according to it with major focus on performing songs from the 80s along with some deep cuts from 90s and reunion albums.

2. 25th anniversary of Brave New World (man, just imagine the stage setup!). Performing majority of the songs from the album, regular songs from the pre-reunion and deep cuts from the reunion albums.

And finally, long-awaited performance due in India since they got a totally warm response during their last couple visits and a major push to the popularity of AMOLAD!
So it's gonna be Maiden's 50th anniversary and you picture them celebrating the40th of a record or the 25th of another. Why not just celebrate the band's50th anniversary?

Everyone's frenzy about Maiden playing Alexander The Great (and that too specially in Greece). I feel like the next tour should be SOLELY based on this one song with them performing throughout the territories which came under Alexander's invasion, starting from Greece, straight to Afghanistan and ending the tour in India.

images

Naming it "Alexander Rips The World" tour or something similar. LOL!

View attachment 36097
With several dates in Pakistan's tribal territories.
Or performing gigs in each of the 32 Alexandrias founded by Alexander.

Die hards fans not knowing a Maiden song ?
Not only that, one could argue that fans wouldn't know (or care) about Sign Of The Cross and The Clansman back in 2001, yet the RIR versions are magical and people loved the songs.

Sure, BOTWH or The Aftermath might be relatively unknown, but you know what helps against that? Playing them live and featuring them prominently.

So it's gonna be Maiden's 50th anniversary and you picture them celebrating the40th of a record or the 25th of another. Why not just celebrate the band's50th anniversary?

I think the main focus can still be on the 50th Anniv./Legacy tour on the backdrop of Brave New World or Live After Death's theme (considering the later is also an important milestone in band's history). For example, how the Days Of Future Past tour shares the theme of Somewhere In Time along with Senjutsu and Somewhere Back In Time focusing on Powerslave.

Last edited:
I hope they don’t do something linked to Brave New World. It’s a great album but we’ve heard Blood Brothers enough. Also Bruce probably couldn’t sing Navigator and the title track that well anymore. They were tough in his prime. I would love The Wicker Man though. I never get bored of seeing that live. I think dropping it in 2022 was silly. It would have gone down well at Download.

Everyone's frenzy about Maiden playing Alexander The Great (and that too specially in Greece). I feel like the next tour should be SOLELY based on this one song with them performing throughout the territories which came under Alexander's invasion, starting from Greece, straight to Afghanistan and ending the tour in India.

images

Naming it "Alexander Rips The World" tour or something similar. LOL!

View attachment 36097
The “Give Alex ‘Ed Until He’s Dead” tour.

I think the main focus can still be on the 50th Anniv./Legacy tour on the backdrop of Brave New World or Live After Death's theme (considering the later is also an important milestone in band's history). For example, how the Days Of Future Past tour shares the theme of Somewhere In Time along with Senjutsu and Somewhere Back In Time focusing on Powerslave.
Rime and Ghost Of The Navigator can share a thematic art, but that's it. Two milestones, yes. If Maiden are going to use different themes again (2 or 3), I think they will be similar to the LOTB tour ones, not re-creating/modernizing previous stage sets. After LOTB a stage set for a new Hits or Anniv tour would be really curious.

Some themes they can use: history(!), future (songs like Brave New World, Land), ancient vibes (Rime, Seventh Son, Clairvoyant)...
I hope they don’t do something linked to Brave New World. It’s a great album but we’ve heard Blood Brothers enough. Also Bruce probably couldn’t sing Navigator and the title track that well anymore. They were tough in his prime. I would love The Wicker Man though. I never get bored of seeing that live. I think dropping it in 2022 was silly. It would have gone down well at Download.
After Bruce's performances during his current solo tour? Brave New World will shine (and I expected it to be brought back), so will Ghost. The songs are not easy, but there are more difficult songs for him now. Wicker Man was dropped because of Nicko and because the set to be shorter. I also don't want them to play Blood Brothers again. Dream Of Mirrors (but the fast gallop part, he can change it though, like he did with Heaven Can Wait for example) and The Mercenary will be perfect for the band now. Edit: come to think of it, almost all songs from the album are not that easy for Nicko now.

Last edited:
During his last solo show in Brazil for this year, just before the encores (1:23:30), Bruce said that he won't be back with Maiden next year there and that they are making plans. Hmm. Plus his tour will be long again next year.

So a shorter European leg only is the most likely for next year (as we know from him the tour in 2026 will be big). The question:

- either a 3rd leg (loosey tied with the anniv theme and a heavy (at least 5 songs) change of the set... the new songs, some SIT songs like Alexander or Stranger may stay). Similar to the 2022 leg in a way. Even now it would not be unusual for them.
- or a brand new Hits(Legacy style or not, or GME tour but with no new song)/Anniv tour for at least 2 years (Bruce said they will celebrate it with something and that they have plans until 2026/for the next few years).
A potential new album recorded and released in 2026 (it will fit their usual schedules, plus Steve and Adrian could be busy with their solo projects next year), with a tour starting in 2027.

I now don't expect 2 different tours for the next 2 years because I can't seem them celebrating their anniv or a Hits tour (with a theme) for only 1 year (they did it in 2005 but it was different, it was also different in 2003 and 2022, and they didn't do it in 2014). Ofc there is always a possibility and they can jump straight into a new album tour in 2026, but the album has to be recorded in 2025 and released in late 2025 or early 2026 for that. Since the beginning of the current tour, I have been expecting this scenario.

Unfortunately yeah. His performance on that song with a single bass pedal was an absolute marvel. It's one of those songs that gets harder and harder to play as time goes on.

either a 3rd leg
Not going to happen for sure. If at first there were unofficial confirmations about this, now it's official.

With a new album not being recorded this year in 2025 we'll definitely get a greatest hits/anniversary/history tour. Since a tour like this can't just go on for only a year, it will continue in 2026 as well.

The fact they're waiting this long to release another album it can means two things:
- They are not worried at all about reaching the end of their carreer.
- They're at the end of their carreer and no new album will be released.

During his last solo show in Brazil for this year, just before the encores (1:23:30), Bruce said that he won't be back with Maiden next year there and that they are making plans. Hmm. Plus his tour will be long again next year.

So a shorter European leg only is the most likely for next year (as we know from him the tour in 2026 will be big). The question:

- either a 3rd leg (loosey tied with the anniv theme and a heavy (at least 5 songs) change of the set... the new songs, some SIT songs like Alexander or Stranger may stay). Similar to the 2022 leg in a way. Even now it would not be unusual for them.
- or a brand new Hits(Legacy style or not, or GME tour but with no new song)/Anniv tour for at least 2 years (Bruce said they will celebrate it with something and that they have plans until 2026/for the next few years).
A potential new album recorded and released in 2026 (it will fit their usual schedules, plus Steve and Adrian could be busy with their solo projects next year), with a tour starting in 2027.

I now don't expect 2 different tours for the next 2 years because I can't seem them celebrating their anniv or a Hits tour (with a theme) for only 1 year (they did it in 2005 but it was different, it was also different in 2003 and 2022, and they didn't do it in 2014). Ofc there is always a possibility and they can jump straight into a new album tour in 2026, but the album has to be recorded in 2025 and released in late 2025 or early 2026 for that. Since the beginning of the current tour, I have been expecting this scenario.
I would put money on an anniversary tour in Europe next year tied into their retirement. They will cover the usual festivals and venues. Probably a farewell show at Download.

Back