Nightwish

Weird title. But will be nice to hear music. But Nightwish are close to becoming Rhapsody (of fire) when it comes to album sequensing. Start with a quick track, nr 2 and 3 the hits, 4 is a mystical one…Sway will probably be a nice ballad, but Spidersilk will probably be a great banger!

Wow. The title and the artwork (and the song titles, to a degree) feel like coming from a completely different band, to be honest, but I don't really mind - it already looks better than the last two albums, at least. I'm getting actually excited.

I like the name and cover art is great. And song titles are interesting.
Endless Forms Most Beautiful along Once is my favorite Nightwish albums.

Found this on Reddit:

posted by Soft-Bonus8957:

Very cool things Tuomas said about the album:
1_ Yesterwynde is a made up word by Troy. It stands for that sense of realization you can feel by looking at the past and understanding it's all connected.
2_Tuomas was inspired by those old videos from late '800/first '900 colorized, I've seen a lot of those on youtube and I could never guess they could become an inspiration for a Nightwish album.
3_ Children of Ata is the story of a group of children survived alone on a desert island in 1965.
4_The Antikythera song is inspired obvously by the greek mechanism (the first "computer") but had nothing to do with Indiana Jones (luckly). Tuomas read about it on a science magazine.
5_ Perfume of the Timeless is nearly 10 minutes long. And it's the first single. They're crazy.
6_ It's not the last album by Nightwish.

Tuomas Kerrang interview

Last edited:
Cool interview, thanks. I was surprised they made a new multi album deal.

They still need to do the acoustic album and the orchestral concert begore they end

I want more of their earlier style on this album or just more guitar/parts-oriented again (and I kind of feel like it could be different), but looking at the weird title, some of the songs titles, 10-minutes long single(?) and the cover (which is intriguing), I'm not sure. It's all Nightwish though. I'm not excited, but the album's themes sound interesting.

I want more of their earlier style on this album or just more guitar/parts-oriented again (and I kind of feel like it could be different), but looking at the weird title, some of the songs titles, 10-minutes long single(?) and the cover (which is intriguing), I'm not sure. It's all Nightwish though. I'm not excited, but the album's themes sound interesting.

I don't expect anything that'd slap like Elvenpath or Sacrament of Wilderness, for I'd surely be sorely disappointed, I'm also worried that Tuomas will remain in that obnoxiously preachy mindset, but at least it's all semingly coming rather from a left field, so I can't help but feel somewhat intrigued.

Back