Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Now that I have cracked the code, Nomad hasn't responded. Cried is logging back into his main account as we speak..

I have tracked Legato Dave. He registered in LA and then relocated a few times around LA, likely changing IPs. He posted once from London, and then back to the US. He is currently posting from Wyoming.

This is all possible, of course, by use of a proxy. There is a recorded incident of Legato Dave sharing an IP with one used by another member.

I also looked through his old posts and even in 2016 Lamps was suspicious regarding the Nomad's authenticity:
It's time for my conspiracy theory: @Legatodave, @Hawaii Dave, and @CriedWhenCRIEDLeft are all the same "person",.... @CriedWhenBrucieLeft!

The original Cried is, obviously, an AI program that has become self-aware and is now running amok.
Well, as far as you know, at least. :innocent:

I'm sorry Legato, but I'm 95% sure you aren't real..

His first few posts also came in the middle of a discussion about alt accounts (specifically the two Cried accounts). If it is a troll account then the owner is very dedicated to have kept it running for three years, even if its only been in chunks. It is quite plausible for a user to have accessed from different IPs around the same city though, and even from a foreign country. The IP that matches another user could be perfectly innocent too since some of us go to the same Iron Maiden shows and Trooper parties. I've also stayed in the same house as some Maidenfans a couple of years ago so there will be quite a few matching IPs. You could also get quite a good coverage of the UK from my IP history over the last year (Aberdeen to Southampton) plus Stockholm and Copenhagen, and then even some US IPs a little bit further back.

The owner of the account does seem to target threads that are a bit silly already though, as if he or she knows that there's very little constructive discussion. It seems targeted basically.

Last edited:
I actually just saw that post myself after following Collin's link and reading for a while. Interestingly enough, immediately after my post the real Cried responded with:
Uh. I'm only two of those fuckers.
Originally I was certain that Legato was an alt of Cried, but now I'm not 100% sure. I do know that @CriedWhenCRIEDLeft was reveled to be an alt of Judas, and I'm fairly certain that Cried was reveled to be behind @Hawaii Dave, but now I'm not positive as to the true identity of @Legatodave, although I'm still pretty sure it's Cried.

Back