Preparing for Hurricane Irma

Even though this is secondary, location of Rock 'N Roll Ribs:
mcTCgSO.jpg

^ I was at RnR ribs 2 weeks ago... It's a solid building but the whole front is made of glass windows... Hope Nicko takes the memorabilia down and hides it. I'll be fine. Unless of course, it goes further inland and west of the current track. We will get the eye wall regardless but to have more of it sucks. I'll post updates and pictures...

Hurricane Jose is making a full U-turn and is expected to head west when completed.... this happened in 2004 with Jeanne...

@SirRobbins what part of Florida are you in? The winds are getting horrendous in the south of Florida now and the storm surge is hitting. A couple of people went past one of the CNN reporters on bikes. :eek:

I am still without power..... major trees down and shingles gone but interior is all good. I am typing this from a hotel... Most of my jobs this week have cancelled (yay, week off) but the night of the storm was one of the worst nights of my life. I live alone and when the power went out around midnight, I was wide awake and trapped for hours on end unable to sleep or do anything... I smoked 2 cigars on the porch in the storm (rain was being blocked by a gutter).... they added a curfew which wasn't lifted till 11am the next day. We got the right side of the eye wall (which is the worst) and had 3 tornadoes in our county. My grandparents in Melbourne had 13 tornadoes in their county! I am in the Orlando area.... I heard Rock n Roll Ribs survived without a scratch! YAY! They have power and are open down there. Many are without power still.

Glad to hear that you're OK @SirRobbins. It sounds like you had an exciting night. I'm hoping to visit Florida in December. Do you think the state will be OK to visit by then? I know Florida is quite a wealthy state so a lot of the damage should be fixed by then. I'm planning on flying back from Orlando too.

Back