Classic albums and famous bands you don't like

Anyone think the title track to Hardwired from Metallica flat-out sucks? I do. Lots of people have said it's a throwback to classic Metallica, but I don't see it. Atlas Rise and Moth Into Flame are better, but still nothing special. Planning on listening to the rest of the album soon, but so far, not impressed.
Yeah. Can't take the title track seriously since it plagiarized Tenacious D.

Last edited:
Anyone think the title track to Hardwired from Metallica flat-out sucks? I do. Lots of people have said it's a throwback to classic Metallica, but I don't see it. Atlas Rise and Moth Into Flame are better, but still nothing special. Planning on listening to the rest of the album soon, but so far, not impressed.

The music on the title track is great, but the lyrics make it a shitty song, IMO. I think the rest of the first disc is great, most of the second disc is meh at best.

Oh god yes. I can't stand The Police.

I utterly love their first three albums, especially the second. Then it went downhill, though King of Pain is a guilty pleasure of sorts. The fact these albums sound nothing like the previous might have something to do with that.

@Diesel 11, agreed on the opener, Atlas Rise is great and Moth Into Flame is one of best songs since 1988

U2. The first 5 albums we're brilliant, but then they morphed from a melancholy/ethereal rock band to generic pop drivel.

Rage Against The Machine. They have some great songs that are butchered by super shitty vocals.

I like this one a lot, but the vocals are horrendous. It's not that it's rapping, it's that it's shitty rapping. He sucks.

I realize there was a band that's RATM with a different vocalist though :p

RATM is an okay band, but certainly overrated. Killing In The Name and their cover of Renegades of Funk are two really great songs though.

I have missed this thread somehow. Here goes:

Rush
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Ozzy

There must be more, so I'll add later.

Floyd doesn't have irritated vocals! Specially compared to Plant, Ozzy or Rush. But I can see why people may not dig them, same with Zeppelin, vocals aside.

Someone doesn't have to like every popular or even "great" band. I know plenty of people that don't like the Beatles for example. Reasons I'll respect are, "I just don't get them." "I don't see what the big deal is," or "I understand how influencial they are and how important they are to musical history, but just not my style." Reasons I don't respect. "They suck."

I'm sorry, if they ACTUALLY sucked they would not have gotten that big. Bubble gum pop comes and goes and is forgotten, but ACTUAL bands endure. Nobody cares about the New Kids on the Block or Backstreet Boys anymore, but Pink Floyd lives on even over 30 years after their classic line-up. A bad that "sucks," doesn't do that.

Back