Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

He probably means no specific plans, like exactly which recording studio, on which date and at what time.

I assume you guys did not hear the fragment. It honestly did not sound like that. Not at all. There was a very open question about the plans, the word album was not mentioned by interviewer nor Nicko, and Nicko even stressed that usually the band/Rod have a plan, years ahead. Not this time. I am holding my breath for a year of nothingness.
Or another tour.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think he's telling the truth. He knows what happens next, whether it's a best-of tour or a new album.

I think that is probably the case. Either that, or they have not told him yet as they think he might have said more than he should have! :lol:

Rosemont Horizon 1987, possibly the best SoT bootleg, and probably mislabeled as pro-recorded alike to Hammersmith 1983.

I believe we discussed this before, and I also think I spoke of this bootleg and possibly shared it with forum members before. It's quite known in Maiden circles. But wasn't on YT (only couple of separate songs).
What was the size of the audience? I think Bruce says this is the biggest show in USA on tour.

Rosemont (or whatever they call it now) is big for an indoor arena ... I would guess capacity around 18 thousand for concerts and the place was packed .. maybe a few empty seats up in the node bleeds, but it was essentially full.

Yeah, it's very big but doesn't actually feel too big. Like every other old stadium in Chicago the seats are squashed together, so it still feels as small as say the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Vegas, which seats 6,000 less people.

Maiden and Helloween back in 1998. Great combo that was. Spanish overdubbing but there are some short segments and the complete Iron Maiden song at the end @14:55 (and Helloween's Dr. Stein @5:55).

Last edited:
Look at that audience, yet some people will go on and say that they only played "to hundreds" during this time...
101.jpg

Last edited:
Look at that audience, yet some people will go on and say that they only played "to hundreds" during this time...
101.jpg

Spain was a notable exception of a market where they did well when Blaze was in the band, yet their popularity there increased significantly when Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band.

Last edited:
Spain was a notable exception of a market where they did well when Blaze was in the band, yet their popularity there increased significantly when Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band.
You don't need to explain that Bruce's return made the audience increase, I'll write it again: "Yet some people will go on and say that they only played "to hundreds" during this time...", I actually saw this recently in another thread.

Anyway, I'll guess Sweden was another exception. 8 000 turned up for a sold out show at Johanneshov in Stockholm in 1998. The next year with Bruce they had 13 500 at Globen in the same city.

Last edited:
You don't need to explain that Bruce's return made the audience increase, I'll write it again: "Yet some people will go on and say that they only played "to hundreds" during this time...", I actually saw this recently in another thread.

Anyway, I'll guess Sweden was another exception. 8 000 turned up for a sold out show at Johanneshov in Stockholm in 1998. The next year with Bruce they had 13 500 at Globen in the same city.

They did well in some markets, that is true.

In the US it is absolutely true that they played to hundreds rather than thousands. That is, when they didn't just cancel the dates outright due to "allergies."

they cancelled a shit load of shows in the states on the Virtual XI tour....

They did well in some markets, that is true.
More than some. I saw them in the same big venue (thousands) as in 1999. Don't know anymore if both were sold out or not but it was thousands in 1998 and again thousands in 1999. Also thousands in 1995 but that was a different venue with My Dying Bride as opening act (talk about great opening acts).

Shitty interest in Anglo-Saxon countries (where metal was not faring well at all) and perhaps some others should not be projected on Maiden's popularity elsewhere. Not visiting the UK in 1999, I always saw that as a "fuck you for letting us down, you can wait another year before we'll back". The USA was more lucky.

Last edited:
Back