The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

it's a shame because Hammerfall has a lot of great music.... they would have fit much better in a show with Dio though.... more the power metal field

How does Satanism work?

they do not experience (or deny the existence of the experience) between feelings and thoughts and direct their love towards those whom they feel deserve it, as opposed to most religion where God loves even the sinners and the wicked. There are numerous other differences you can research yourself without derailing the thread. I know what I've been told by someone who declares themselves one

I've done a lot of research on Satanism, that's why I was asking what you meant. I'm still not sure what parallels you are seeing with Catholicism. You pretty much contradicted yourself with your characterisation of Satanism.

I became a Ghost fan because of them opening for Maiden this tour. The whole Satanism image and setup is simple tongue-in-cheek, to mimic the Roman Catholic church. They're musicians and entertainers, not devil worshipers. And damn good ones too, considering everyone I spoke to and my friends at the three Maiden shows I went to said they loved Ghost.

I doubt it's "tongue-in-cheek". It's not to mimic the Catholic church, it's to mock it / desecrate it. But believe what you want. F*** these satanists as far as I'm concerned. They can laugh it up in hell. (Of course, hopefully they will repent before it comes to that.)

they are worshipping someone other than God and treat that person as if they were a god themselves. That person being Mary. If someone is Christian-catholic, it may be different. The church itself has been the center of so much sin and evil and casts aside these acts. The pope is another false god.... no one is closer to God than another except in pain and suffering. The pope is not a healer and is very misleading... Anything that points to evil, bares a false god and such is worshipping evil... Satan is evil.

So much ignorance here about the Catholic Church...

Moving swiftly away from the above discussion...

Judas Priest would be amazing and if that's true I categorically don't care who else would be on support (a good thing given I don't care for Slayer). Scorpions would be a personal pipe dream of mine - but nothing more than a pipe dream.

Moving swiftly away from the above discussion...

Judas Priest would be amazing and if that's true I categorically don't care who else would be on support (a good thing given I don't care for Slayer). Scorpions would be a personal pipe dream of mine - but nothing more than a pipe dream.

I did see the scorpions open for Judas Priest on the angel of retribution tour. Killer package with two quality bands.

Nightwish, anyone? I know it's not a perfect musical fit, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time
Nightwish subheadlined to Maiden at Download festival last year. They're a massive headlining band themselves in Europe, and I can't see them wanting to do 45 minute sets in the UK. They would also cost a lot. The support doesn't need to be a perfect musical fit though, they just need to be good.

How about Ravenage, if we're getting Elliot Vernon involved?
Ravenage....Raven Age....The Raven Age.... nooooooooooooooooooooo

Back