The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

So, just to toss this out there... does nobody, including Maiden, like Final Frontier? I was honestly surprised that there wasn't even one song off of it on the BOS tours (especially El Dorado, which would've fit right in with the theme), and there doesn't appear to be any talk about any songs off of it in all this Legacy Tour speculation talk.
I thought it was pretty solid... albeit a little long... but wouldn't mind a tune or two off of it.

Any Maiden fan who takes Ghost's "satanic" gimmick seriously is a hypocrite.

Anyway, if Maiden does a "Legacy of the Beast" tour, expect the focus to be more on the comic book than on the game, and expect the tour to hit most eras of the band. Possibly one song from every album except NPFTD, TXF, and VXI (but if they do a Blaze song it would almost surely be The Clansman).
This would actually be pretty good, especially if they hit all the reunion albums and maybe some deep cuts. Pulling from the game soundtrack would be impressive.

The Man Who Would be King is in the soundtrack from TFF.... It does appear to be the first album where no songs from it appeared on the following tour (or 2 tours for that matter)... none on ME or TBOS.... maybe they just didn't care for it.. they did a live release of it which they failed to do with AMOLAD (though some feel it's coming). I didn't care for the album much but it was fresh and I attended 3 shows on that tour... the first leg and the second so I got a healthy feel for them live. They work well live honestly and well, most Maiden songs do... not sure of their reasoning

It's not that big a mystery that no TFF songs were played last tour. They haven't played any songs from AMOLAD since that albums tour. Only dance of death seems to get trawled out once in a blue moon from DOD and only blood brothers from BNW with the occasional wicker man or the title track.

That's seems Maidens MO these days. After an album tour finishes that album seems for the most part shelved and will hardly ever have songs played from it as the next tour will have 6/7 off the new album plus all the old standards.

Ah fair enough then, they didn't play them when I saw them in 2011.

nope, you're correct. they removed them on the second leg. I went on both legs.... 2nd leg was disappointing compared to the first except for the addition of TFF songs... not a fan of the album but always like new stuff live. Sometimes hearing a song live changes my perspective on it...

Steve and Nicko have both hinted at playing songs that have never been played live before recently. If they're serious about that, Legacy of the Beast tour is the perfect venue for it.

Ghost was a bad joke. Hope to never see or hear of that "band" again. Let them go worship Satan in hell, if that's what they want. I'm actually offended that Maiden inflicted that garbage on their fans.

Would rather have Lauren Harris and the Raven Age again (and I don't want Lauren Harris and the Raven Age again).

I became a Ghost fan because of them opening for Maiden this tour. The whole Satanism image and setup is simple tongue-in-cheek, to mimic the Roman Catholic church. They're musicians and entertainers, not devil worshipers. And damn good ones too, considering everyone I spoke to and my friends at the three Maiden shows I went to said they loved Ghost.

I became a Ghost fan because of them opening for Maiden this tour. The whole Satanism image and setup is simple tongue-in-cheek, to mimic the Roman Catholic church. They're musicians and entertainers, not devil worshipers. And damn good ones too, considering everyone I spoke to and my friends at the three Maiden shows I went to said they loved Ghost.

it's pretty amusing how close the catholic church is to Satanism.... it's an act for them of course as he has stated in interviews... they come from a country, of course that is known for black metal and lots of anti-religious acts

I would be interested in what you mean here. How is it close to Satanism?

they are worshipping someone other than God and treat that person as if they were a god themselves. That person being Mary. If someone is Christian-catholic, it may be different. The church itself has been the center of so much sin and evil and casts aside these acts. The pope is another false god.... no one is closer to God than another except in pain and suffering. The pope is not a healer and is very misleading... Anything that points to evil, bares a false god and such is worshipping evil... Satan is evil.

sometimes I have to be careful myself as some see my love for bands like Maiden as almost a religion.... my clothes, posters, bumper sticker, concerts, ect... they feel as though I idolize them but really, they end up being proven to be biggots

^ correct.... similar concept to how the religion works, not really in the same belief sense..... a mimic without representation so to speak

if you've actually seen the soundtrack for that game, there are some impressive tracks in there that would be great to hear again.... Here is the soundtrack list

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-set-list/

Lots of goodies in there! Here are the rarities in the game's set list... it would make for an awesome show I think... I'd like to see Paschendale added though as well as Alexander or Stranger.... not one SIT song in there :(

The Fallen Angel (BNW) - played a few times in 2000
The Nomad (BNW) - never played live
Losfer Words (PS) - last played in 1984 ish
These Colors Don't Run (AMOLAD)
Where Eagles Dare (POM) last played in 2005
The Man of Sorrows (TBOS) - never played from new album
Empire of the Clouds (TBOS) - never played live
Shadow of the Valley (TBOS) - never played live
The Man Who Would Be King - (TFF) - never played live to my knowledge
For the Greater Good of God (AMOLAD - last played 2006
Out of the Silent Planet (BNW) - played a few times in 2000

it would actually be a tour of never played or rarely played tracks.... it would be fresh and appealing to me... with that being said, I cannot see them bringing The Red and the Black back again.... I think that song is too complex and will be sent to the grave...

there are 22 songs in the sound track so we know they'd knock a few out of there....

That list on the link needs updating by the Maiden camp. For example, when they add features to the game, new songs emerge. In the sacrifice section, you can hear Dance of Death. I am sure there are others too!

Either way, if they do a Legacy tour, expect to hear just a few obvious tracks from the game and then a load of unrelated classics not found in the game.

Anyways, I'd much rather see Maiden with a great artistic band like Opeth, or with a (historically) extremely important band like Slayer, than with the likes of Helloween, Blind Guardian or even, perish the thought, Epica and Hammerfall.
Two bands who are not remotely similar, why'd you lump them together? :confused: Hammerfall have become a parody of themselves now though and I definitely wouldn't want to see them touring with Iron Maiden though. And at least with Epica you'd get some better singing than Tom fucking Araya.

Back