Steve Harris

I'm full of appreciation for these guys once again. I'm convinced they've got more energy than ever, and its definitely time they went back into a studio. I like their new backdrop artwork, and was pleased they seem to have stopped putting Steve's bass up way too loud.

I was probably somewhere near you @Harold B.ThyName - let's face it, the venue is tiny!

They wouldn't let people stand on the balcony this time 'at the request of the band'. Not sure why, people seemed to like my aerial views of Steve's head on YouTube last time :D

I noticed that more people were watching the full band this time, not only staring at Steve.
Also quite amused at the speed they're playing Judas now. It's the Trooper phenomenon. The normally quite capable singer struggles to keep up.

I think Steve is doing too much. His last BL tour was 7 months ago, and didn't think I would see them before 2018. I really hope he doesn't tour in summer 2018. This is becoming insane. I'm sure he still has many years of touring in front of him and I wouldn't want him to crash because of exhaustion. And I'd like him to write more on his own. So overall, I don't see the news of Maiden not recording anything in a very immediate future as a catastrophe: those ageing guys need a pause, Steve Harris included.

Since there's always a debate running about the possibility of a 90s themed tour, yes. ;)

Yes, but Maiden themselves have never done anything to feed the speculation. Blaze era seems like a totally closed parenthesis, or even years that haven't existed. To me me, it is a greater surprise to see Steve even mentionning the possibility (even remote) to do something again with those songs.

First 4 tours with Bruce after his return had at least one Blaze era track, which made me believe that they would put something like The Clansman back in the set at some point.

Throwing Lord of the Flies into the 2003 set was a curve ball, I thought, so they may well surprise us again but I wouldn't bet on it. Everything Clansman has is done better with Dance of Death and Sign of the Cross is too long and epic, its a bit of a scene stealer and is therefore unlikely to be put into an album tour setlist at this stage. Id say it was a cert for any potential All Time Career Spanning Legacy Best Of tour. Other than that, they would be more likely to play a short rocker from that era but Lord of the Flies has been done and Id wager Bruce has a veto on singing 'a briefcase, a lunch, a man on the edge' so I would say we would be lucky to hear any Blaze stuff again and certainly nothing outside the 4 tunes I mentioned.
Fortunes of War could be amazing, as could Edge of Darkness or Lightning Strikes Twice or When Two Worlds Collide but Id wager that any surprises in future will be plucked from the 80s. I'd fuckin love Tailgunner or Holy Smoke just for the craic

I love Steve...But my first thought is that his Essex house typifies a stereotypical 80s successful rocker house - huge & completely impractical, over-the-top, with gaudy/tacky decor that looks more like a museum than an actual home. How the heck did he raise his small kids there without them getting impaled on the iron accessories or breaking their skulls on the brickwork?

Back