Your Maiden blasphemy

Well I have seen Wrathchild played umpteen times, and Sea of Madness only twice, back in 86,

Even so, Wrathchild has always worked better live to be fair ;)

Thinking about it, "Wrathchild" might be the only "groovy" Maiden song (along with, to some intro, "The Edge of Darkness" - the part that goes "I know, Captain, that you've done this work before" and afterwards). That's why it works well live.

Boston was one of the shows Adrian missed. I was so bummed he wasn't there, but that show was incredible.

A compilation from the 2 tours consisting of songs from The X Factor + Virtual XI, with some other songs Blaze did well on like Wrathchild, Running Free, Iron Maiden and Afraid to Shoot Strangers etc would be fine. But there is no market for it though, a record label would find it more profitable to put out something else.

A compilation from the 2 tours consisting of songs from The X Factor + Virtual XI, with some other songs Blaze did well on like Wrathchild, Running Free, Iron Maiden and Afraid to Shoot Strangers etc would be fine. But there is no market for it though, a record label would find it more profitable to put out something else.

To be fair there are many releases by bands that by the look of it dont have a market. An example would be the latest Black Sabbath best of album. Some releases are either cash grabs or fan base pleasers.

To be fair there are many releases by bands that by the look of it dont have a market. An example would be the latest Black Sabbath best of album.
But isn't there a big market for some Black Sabbath hits? I think those albums do really well. All of Maiden's "Greatest Hits" records have done well too.

But isn't there a big market for some Black Sabbath hits? I think those albums do really well. All of Maiden's "Greatest Hits" records have done well too.
My point was more to the fact that you can go two ways, you know? Either totally for the money or for things that fans ask for. For example a Somewhere on Tour live album or a Blaze Bayley era live album :)

Thinking it was great that Adrian only got 2 writing credits on Brave New World, so that Dave was allowed more input on the album, with 3 credits.

Probably the most well balanced Maiden album with writing credits.

Back