When Charlie Borg replaced Steve Harris in Maiden

fekso

Ancient Mariner
I picked up something in another thread:

And I remember reading (Maiden77 I think) that Charlie Borg who was later in V1 with Dennis Willcock and Terry Wapram filled in for Steve Harris on two occasions.

This is mindblowing news to me. Steve not playing a Maiden show? Unheard of! Any information on this?

So weird. Someone need to meet and interview that guy!

I realise this is an interesting revelation, but- I'm not sure such an interview would have very much of value. The guy stood onstage and played bass instead of Steve for two shows. What do you expect him to tell us?

I realise this is an interesting revelation, but- I'm not sure such an interview would have very much of value. The guy stood onstage and played bass instead of Steve for two shows. What do you expect him to tell us?
Not much maybe, if an interview is only focused on that. But I’d be interested to read about the late 70s London scene in general, or his time with Hombre/Space Chickens (of which Terry Wapram was a member too before joining Maiden), etc.

Yes. Interesting revelation indeed. I would like to know if this is true. I think it would be a big deal if it came to the point where it could be confirmed that Maiden had another bass player playing with them.

A literal answer to your question would be that what he tells us is not up to my specific expectations, but to him. We dont know for sure if 'the guy stood onstage and played bass instead of Steve', as you put it. So thats a good start for an interview. Lets say he did. If I could ask him anything and on a good day have it answered I would like to know what shows he played, if he had any rehearsal with the band, what songs he played, what type of bass he played.

I'm not saying I know the language best. To be honest my language used on this forum is at times barely sufficient. But I did take a few courses in pragmatics a few years back, so in regard to your [somewhat sloppy] use of the word value: value is an example of something 'belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought'. Or in other words, value is often regarded as subjective. In the case of an interview value depends on the reader's interest. I care for Maiden history so it has value to me in that sense, and for like minded people. If you Perun love pink horses an interview with a horse trainer specialized in training pink horses would be of value to you. I dont care about pink horses so an interview with a horse trainer specialized in training pink horses would not be of much value to me! :)

Last edited:
To be fair, nothing against pink horses. For all you know I could love them too. But to discuss that here is not of much value ;) Unless Charlie Borg is a pink horse of course!

Last edited:
Ah! You are wrong, you see. My surveillance team took this pic of Perun just yesterday...
Pink-Wally-1.jpg

Welcome back btw, how was Greece?
Thanks, it was amazing! Coming back was more tricky, since we caught a huge storm in Kavala and almost all the way to the border. It was like driving through a waterfall. I'm sure everyone reading on C.Borg would be interested to know.

Yes. Interesting revelation indeed. I would like to know if this is true. I think it would be a big deal if it came to the point where it could be confirmed that Maiden had another bass player playing with them.

A literal answer to your question would be that what he tells us is not up to my specific expectations, but to him. We dont know for sure if 'the guy stood onstage and played bass instead of Steve', as you put it. So thats a good start for an interview. Lets say he did. If I could ask him anything and on a good day have it answered I would like to know what shows he played, if he had any rehearsal with the band, what songs he played, what type of bass he played.

I'm not saying I know the language best. To be honest my language used on this forum is at times barely sufficient. But I did take a few courses in pragmatics a few years back, so in regard to your [somewhat sloppy] use of the word value: value is an example of something 'belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought'. Or in other words, value is often regarded as subjective. In the case of an interview value depends on the reader's interest. I care for Maiden history so it has value to me in that sense, and for like minded people. If you Perun love pink horses an interview with a horse trainer specialized in training pink horses would be of value to you. I dont care about pink horses so an interview with a horse trainer specialized in training pink horses would not be of much value to me! :)

I do realise the concept of "value" is subjective. Maybe instead of "value" I should have said "substance". I'll keep in mind to watch my words when talking to you. So let's pretend I used the word "substance", and then I consider my question answered by what you said about "I would like to know what shows he played, if he had any rehearsal with the band, what songs he played, what type of bass he played." I'm not interested in having a discussion about semantics, so I'll leave it at that.

I do realise the concept of "value" is subjective. Maybe instead of "value" I should have said "substance". I'll keep in mind to watch my words when talking to you. So let's pretend I used the word "substance", and then I consider my question answered by what you said about "I would like to know what shows he played, if he had any rehearsal with the band, what songs he played, what type of bass he played." I'm not interested in having a discussion about semantics, so I'll leave it at that.

Right:rolleyes:

And on that note. Does anyone have any more information on Charlie?

You want Charlie? Cant help but I do have more pink horses if you want...
@Ariana , I for one, am always happy to hear about far off weather. Today in Belfast was hot and wet, not always at the same time but sometimes at the same time. Good stuff.

Back