Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

You'll make it. You caught a flu, my city's on fire.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-croatia-wildfire-idUKKBN1A21IB

Edit : it's serious, if army doesn't stop it it's going to reach downtown. I don't think it can spread over the road hub that easily, but our main garbage depot is on fire, huge damage already done, about 50k people in the area where it's currently ravaging.

pozarsplit11111.jpg

You'll make it. You caught a flu, my city's on fire.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-croatia-wildfire-idUKKBN1A21IB

Edit : it's serious, if army doesn't stop it it's going to reach downtown. I don't think it can spread over the road hub that easily, but our main garbage depot is on fire, huge damage already done, about 50k people in the area where it's currently ravaging.

pozarsplit11111.jpg
This is serious indeed Zare, hope they manage to control it.

Oh shit, Zare. Whatever happens, make the decision to stay safe if needed.

We were just discussing how this is piece of cake compared to what hits Canada, U.S., France, Russia.

Eastern parts of suburbia got the damage, because no-one invested in proper infrastructure there. I'm talking lack of hydrants, access roads, etc. It's controlled now and it won't reach downtown. Just a reminder of wrong and faulty development in 'recent' years, not only in the area of infrastructure/construction/urbanity etc., but also FF equipment. Our idiots are talking about getting used F-16s, we should be getting an extra airwing of Canadairs, fire trucks, basic equipment.

So if anything remotely serious hits us, we're fucked. Investments to public security in last 30 years are laughable. The only thing that's keeping this country afloat is tourism and relative security compared to countries like Italy, Greece, Turkey, etc. If that goes away we're fucked.

Edit : might be better to move this to Europolitics thread, tho I think this is done. Anyways, Defense Minister resigned, President and PM are shifting blame, all three from same party. People are pissed off, they used government jet for Wimbledon finals on our expenses, no one was to be heard or seen until this morning, the party tweeted their celebratory messages over some local elections somewhere. And now they're scapegoating.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the world was virgin before the coming of man
Just a solar witness, the beginning of the end
From a world of magma to a cold rock face
The ascent of madness, and the human raaaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeeeee

:shred:

Back