Official Tennis thread

Thanks for you help as well Cried!

Becker's last two Slam wins were indeed Wimbledon 1991 and 1996!

Nadal is straight up cruising at Roland-Garros. In the semi-finals now without dropping a single set so far. With the way he's playing, I don't think anyone can stop him from capturing French Open #10.

This Murray-Wawrinka match is a real doozy.

EDIT: Stan went full on Beast Mode in that 5th set. Hell of a match.

Last edited:
I was only able to catch the very end of the match. Disappointed Nadal couldn't pull it out, but props to Muller.

The match went so long the Djokovic's match, which was supposed to be played immediately afterwards, will now have to be played tomorrow instead.

Love tennis and I was hoping to see a Murray-Nadal & Federer-Djokovic last four again, has been a while since that last happened. Was an exciting match last night, despite the disappointment of Nadal losing in the end. Wonder if is under-performing first couple of sets had anything to do with smacking his head on the door frame on the way to court.

Down goes Murray! Sam Querrey dominated the 4th and 5th sets and becomes the first American to reach a grand slam semifinal since Andy Roddick in 2009.

I don't see how anyone could beat Federer. He played as a god in his match against Raonic.

Not a single comment in this thread since Wimbledon? And now we're at the QF stage of the US Open ...

As I type, Rafael Nadal is on a steady course towards the semi-final, where he may very well be facing the only man who has won more GS titles than him. Or del Potro. Should be a great semi-final regardless.

In the women's tournament, we may get an all-US semi-final field, where the highest-ranked player will be Venus Williams (ranked 9th in the tournament). Both the world no. 1 (Pliskova) and the defending chamion (Kerber) are already out!

I'm really looking forward to a Nadal - Federer semifinal. It would be their first time ever playing each other at the US Open. It's just unfortunate that it couldn't be the Final, which probably won't be very competitive this year.

So Nadal beat Del Potro 3-1 (4-6, 6-0, 6-3, 6-2) and looks like he'll cruise to his 2nd GS title this year ... his opponent is 28. ranked Kevin Anderson from South Africa, and this Anderson's first GS final.

So after 2 1/2 seasons where it looked like the Nadal/Federer dominated era was over (10 consecutive GS tournaments without a win from either), they are back, and barring a major upset tomorrow will have won two GS tournaments each this year ...

Back