New Vinyl Releases - manufacturing poor! seems rushed!

Buyers Beware!!!
Ordered - Brave New World, Dance of Death & A Matter of Life and Death.
A Matter of Life and Death was fine and played good (thank goodness).
However, Brave New World & Dance of Death had visible defects that effected audio playback on one of their 2 LP's included. I ordered replacements of these 2 albums and received them, Brave New world was good, (had just one barely noticable scruff noise in the begining of Blood Brothers, that I guess I can live with). Dance of Death again had visible defects that effected audio playback on the second LP, plus the first LP's edge was sliced off very poorly - creating a blunt edge and not musch of a lead-in space to place your needle. Ordered another replacement, let's see how this one goes.

Frustrating for sure, I enjoy vinyl and I have 52 year old Beatles albums that don't have these kind of issues.

Anyone else experience these kind of manufcturing flaws... or am I extremely unlucky?

(This happened when I ordered Powerslave too, I had to order it 3 times to get one without factory defects).

Last edited:
Buyers Beware!!!
Ordered - Brave New World, Dance of Death & A Matter of Life and Death.
A Matter of Life and Death was fine and played good (thank goodness).
However, Brave New World & Dance of Death had visible defects that effected audio playback on one of their 2 LP's included. I ordered replacements of these 2 albums and received them, Brave New world was good, (had just one barely noticable scruff noise in the begining of Blood Brothers, that I guess I can live with). Dance of Death again had visible defects that effected audio playback on the second LP, plus the first LP's edge was sliced off very poorly - creating a blunt edge and not musch of a lead-in space to place your needle. Ordered another replacement, let's see how this one goes.

Frustrating for sure, I enjoy vinyl and I have 52 year old Beatles albums that don't have these kind of issues.

Anyone else experience these kind of manufcturing flaws... or am I extremely unlucky?

(This happened when I ordered Powerslave too, I had to order it 3 times to get one without factory defects).
It's an issue with the U.S. releases, and specifically the pressing plant. I think the U.K. releases are supposed to be better, with clean, quiet vinyl.

Maybe I got lucky but the only one that seemed noisy to me was Rock in Rio

Just got Final Frontier vinyl...again the quality is not clean at all. Sounds like the master was dipped in dirt before the pressing. So many pops and crackles, some pops are loud and go for a good portion of the song. Sounds like it is being played on a phonograph.

The sound is great when you get an LP that is clean, but more that 50% or the vinyls I've ordered of Maiden...I have had to return & have them send me another.

the old vinyl from ebay are better sounding than the re-releases... I bought them for the album covers to frame and keep them sealed... BNW was ridiculously expensive and hard to find for sale in original vinyl form

the old vinyl from ebay are better sounding than the re-releases... I bought them for the album covers to frame and keep them sealed... BNW was ridiculously expensive and hard to find for sale in original vinyl form
Yeah, I saw BNW sell for about $100+ on ebay just 2 days before they announced they were reissuing. Felt sorry for the buyer.

I have the original BNW, it is picture disc and the sound isnt really clean. Im not an audiophile and so dont know exactly how to describe it and it could maybe be my player or my particular copy but i think the cd sounds much better, crisper, smoother, if that makes sense.

Don't know if i'm being a bit picky or not but unlike the rest of the albums the back of Death on the Road does not have the tracks listed as Side 1, Side 3 etc. but just Disc One and Disc 2 (i.e. no mentions of there being 2 sides per disc), it looks to me that the graphic may have just been lifted from a CD

Don't know if i'm being a bit picky or not but unlike the rest of the albums the back of Death on the Road does not have the tracks listed as Side 1, Side 3 etc. but just Disc One and Disc 2 (i.e. no mentions of there being 2 sides per disc), it looks to me that the graphic may have just been lifted from a CD

Ah, Steve 'eagle-eyed' Harris strikes back! :lol:

Back