Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

We said numerous times... There will be no more history tours (confirmed from various band members after ME tour). There might be a greatest hits tour with some 90's material, but not 90's tour.

No idea what Dave's surprise is, but (& this could go in any of the multiple threads where we all seem to be discussing the same things) it would quite cool if they did an Abbey Road style studio thing again. I'm thinking it would be a good way for them to perhaps play some really really deep cuts in the studio like this, thus avoiding having to expose these tracks to multiple on-the-road live performances (which they clearly don't want to do). I mean, AtG in this kind of one-off format would be the shit. Imagine that release was advertised with no preview? Description might read something like: 10 tracks that have never been performed live before. You'd snap that shit up in a second!

If Steve & Rod had any imagination at all they would have been filling in gaps between tours with stuff like this.

I really hope that the surprise is a new album or a rare tracks tour (possibly with orchestra).

That would be awesome!
If they "take a break", I'm sure Bruce won't waste his time on relaxing ;)

Surely someone has done it, but Maiden was quite unique. A band with such a strong cagalogue only playing five classics after 72 minutes of new material is extreme. Imagine Metallica doing that.

Didn't Nicko say in an interview that he would find it interesting to do only songs they've never done before. He said it to Dave, and Dave's response was something like "but then we have to relearn all those songs".

Those words are definitely attributed to Nicko, I remember reading them. Someone on here posted a link to an interview on teamrock or some site.
If such a tour/show/recording was suggested Dave would simply nod, smile and legato the fuck outta any song put in front of him.

"E, D, and C, right? Great...*legato legato legato*"

There will be no more history tours (confirmed from various band members after ME tour). There might be a greatest hits tour with some 90's material, but not 90's tour.
Is this true? Are there any planned History DVDs?

I wish they'd rerecord some of the Blaze stuff and give it a proper production as part of a possible 90's package.

Nicko mentions in this interview that if they ever did Empire, it'd be with some sort of one off orchestra, where they could also play a track like Alexander.

Back