DRUNK POSTING

Back from a night out, not very drunk anymore. First time drinking on tha town! Lots of youngsters out tonight, celebrating the end of the exam season.

Friday, 13:13.
Left the office at 11:55, now back after 5 pints and 3 tequilas.
I feel far more sober than I expected.
Think I may be cheating by posting in this thread.

Apologies.
(Now that I look at this, it appears to be a haiku containing far too many syllables.)
Fuck, is that how one spells "syllables"? I'm dubious.
Is that how one spells "dubious"?

I think syllables is incorrect. Not going to look it yup.

That's impressively fast drinking. Is your employer okay with all this?

What they don't know won't hurt them, I suppose. I would like to believe that we have a fairly relaxed policy regarding the business meeting/having a beer intersection thingamajig thing, although that may just be my imagination (there was also no meeting involved).
I'm the IT manager for a mining company and the IT area is locked down via biometric scanners, so there are mercyfully fate few that have access to simply wander in and observe me. I'm hoping that I don't see my boss this afternoon, but I have Fisherman's Friend lozenges to assist with any possible odourific entaglements (though not particulary effiecient in combatting swaying).

I actually think I'm doing OK! Currently alernating between "shouldn't be this drunk at work" and "I can handle this". Only had to backspace 4 times whilst attempting to type "alternating".

Crap, I'm rambling. I am no no longer sure if that was 5 pints and 3 tequilas or 4 pints and 3 tequilas. Should've taken the receipt. Feeling more like 4 pints, since I'm doing better than expected.

Looking back at that post, it would seem that I have lost the spelling bee.
I appear to be combating efficient spelling.

On an unrelated note, second ODI (England vs SA) tomorrow!! I'm praying to Eddie for a better performance this time round.

I get the feeling that I'm the only cricket fan on this forum.

Ah well, I'll love test cricket till it's vanished or I'm dead. Not sure which will happen first...
Wife has fallen asleep on the couch so I'm drinking and watching Natural Born Killers for the umpteenth time. Love this movie!
Wishing all a great weekend!

Back