The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Those guys were nuts. One of them said he times his business travel around Maiden tours, so his company pays for most of the flights/hotels. That's genius for 2-3 shows, but a bit wacky to attend every show on an entire tour. If the setlist changed every night, it would make more sense. But if I had to see exactly the same show more than a couple of times, I'd get bored.
There was the European guy - I want to say Portuguese - he said he was over three hundred, but had lost count. Fucking amazing, and at the same time...not my thing at all.

There were some guys on the floor in Denver who were traveling around and had seen every TBOS show so far. Wonder if it was the same people you ran into.

I'm baffeled how badly covered (Youtube-wise) the Arbedeen gig is. I only found some Troopers, FOTD and COTD.

Those guys were nuts. One of them said he times his business travel around Maiden tours, so his company pays for most of the flights/hotels. That's genius for 2-3 shows, but a bit wacky to attend every show on an entire tour. If the setlist changed every night, it would make more sense. But if I had to see exactly the same show more than a couple of times, I'd get bored.

Each to their own, I guess.

I would personally not get bored, but would not do a crazy number of gigs. I go to between 3 and 5 gigs per tour (I stared doing several gigs per tour with AMOLAD), planning holidays around them at times and that is good enough for me.

Last night was absolutely amazing in Birmingham! The whole band was on fire and Bruce was on top form! After being initally being disappointed with the setlist changes, none of it mattered on the night. I even really enjoyed and sang my heart out to The Red and the Black, a song I originally thought was incredibly dull on record. Even Wrathchild was incredible, the energy from that song was phenomenal. And The Book of Souls will now be named as my favourite reunion era song, that track just kills live.

One thing I noticed by being at the barrier is how much the band sweats. Steve almost slipped on a pool of Janick's sweat at the start of FOTD, much to his annoyance as he angrily gestured to a roadie to mop it up.

upload_2017-5-22_18-33-4.jpeg

This is probably the best photo I've ever taken at any gig.

Oh, also caught one of Janick's picks, and my hand was posted on the band's social media!

Last edited:
Back