The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I don't disagree at all, I absolutely love Powerslave but I'm not so sure it has a place in the same set as TRATB. Personally, and controversially, I don't think TRATB should be in the set. The crowd really weren't feeling it in Newcastle, a lot of people went to grab beers and merch towards the end as well.

Regarding TRATB, although it is a good song, I feel they could have replaced it with 2/3 shorter tunes. Something off AMOLAD (These Colours Don't Run?), something off DoD (Rainmaker?), and an oldie not played by the current line-up (Flight of Icarus?) would have been nice, but there was no way they were not going to play the only song off The Book of Souls penned by Harris alone...

I'm really not sure about whether it will make the mag as we're only quarterly at the minute and the latest issue has only just hit the shelves. I don't think the editor will want to run anything that's 3 months old at the time of next issue, but I will of course fight our corner for it to be there :D

You can tell him that I will certainly be buying the issue!

Regarding TRATB, although it is a good song, I feel they could have replaced it with 2/3 shorter tunes. Something off AMOLAD (These Colours Don't Run?), something off DoD (Rainmaker?), and an oldie not played by the current line-up (Flight of Icarus?) would have been nice, but there was no way they were not going to play the only song off The Book of Souls penned by Harris alone...

You can tell him that I will certainly be buying the issue!

My thoughts exactly !

And I'll pass the message on, kind words thanks :)

C_83m-QVoAEFy80.jpg

It seems that either Janick or most likely Dave has ditched the JMP-1 and is using JVM's like Adrian.

He's warmed up properly now, hasn't he. I thought he was far better on TBOS this year than last, he was belting it out.

Bruce was sounding pretty damn good in Glasgow. I mentioned this in my "review" too, but they really are all looking like they've been looking after themselves. Adrian & Dave have really slimmed down quite a bit since TFF tour. I'm really hopeful about how many years they have left in them.

Met a crowd of Finnish people last night in Aberdeen. Hardcore motherfuckers, they were followin Maiden on tour. One guy said he had seen them 142 times. Count that. 142. I had no reason to doubt him. Met them again during the encore, then some Brazillians turned up, we sang Blood Brothers with the Finnins and Brazilian flags held aloft. Brilliant moment, wonderful band, wonderful people. Up the Irons!!

We met some guys in Vegas who were in the 150+ range. Pretty legit hardcore! I don't know if I could do that. I love Iron Maiden, I really and truly do - but I love lots of other things.

Met a crowd of Finnish people last night in Aberdeen. Hardcore motherfuckers, they were followin Maiden on tour. One guy said he had seen them 142 times. Count that. 142. I had no reason to doubt him. Met them again during the encore, then some Brazillians turned up, we sang Blood Brothers with the Finnins and Brazilian flags held aloft. Brilliant moment, wonderful band, wonderful people. Up the Irons!!

You didn't meet Luciano by any chance, did you? (Brazilian guy with a beard). He's going to all of the UK shows. He posted a pic of himself in Aberdeen with two policemen. Couldn't quite tell if it was a police selfie or he was actually in trouble!

We met some guys in Vegas who were in the 150+ range. Pretty legit hardcore! I don't know if I could do that. I love Iron Maiden, I really and truly do - but I love lots of other things.
Those guys were nuts. One of them said he times his business travel around Maiden tours, so his company pays for most of the flights/hotels. That's genius for 2-3 shows, but a bit wacky to attend every show on an entire tour. If the setlist changed every night, it would make more sense. But if I had to see exactly the same show more than a couple of times, I'd get bored.

You didn't meet Luciano by any chance, did you? (Brazilian guy with a beard). He's going to all of the UK shows. He posted a pic of himself in Aberdeen with two policemen. Couldn't quite tell if it was a police selfie or he was actually in trouble!
Could be, he definitely had a beard of some kind!

Back