The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Yes, I would say the wrong people are getting sued at this stage.
It seems that Quinn's promotor would rather swim in a tank with a shark in it than a small piranha, because of possible bigger prize. Greed.

So TNOTB has become a crediting nightmare. At least 4 songs on it aren't credited to all of the writers.

Last edited:
At least Bruce isn't demanding anything! Although considering the legal situation with Samson that prevented his proper credit in the first place, I do wonder if legally speaking he even could make a claim on any of the songs he contributed lyrics to.

At least Bruce isn't demanding anything! Although considering the legal situation with Samson that prevented his proper credit in the first place, I do wonder if legally speaking he even could make a claim on any of the songs he contributed lyrics to.

Maybe Steve 'bought Bruce a few pints' to compensate back in the 80s, if you know what I mean ;)

Yeah if by "bought a few pints" you mean gave him full credit for Powerslave and Revelations then sure!

Just kiddin'. Always thought that little theory was a little out there even for a conspiracy, even if you could argue it'd sort of make sense.

Yeah if by "bought a few pints" you mean gave him full credit for Powerslave and Revelations then sure!

:lol:

Here we go again... Bruce wrote those songs by himself - last week I even posted an interview from 1984 in which he explained the ideas behind Powerslave.

Here we go again... Bruce wrote those songs by himself - last week I even posted an interview from 1984 in which he explained the ideas behind Powerslave.
This is why the second part of my post is very relevant! Honestly I'd like to know who first even came up with it, was it someone who really didn't want to believe Bruce could write a song by himself or what?

Re Hallowed, how is it that the Beckett guys are only figuring this out now??? The song came out in 1982!!!

According to the Telegraph article, the dispute is with one of the co-songwriters, who claims to own his co-writer's share now but hasn't produced evidence of his ownership yet. Maiden's management acknowledges Steve's lyrical inspiration, and suggests that Steve worked something out with the other co-writer years ago. This could end up being one of those situations where people really wish they'd gotten an oral agreement in writing.

Hot damn, I'd say any worries of Bruce losing his top range can be assuaged by that vid. He's fucking flying high there. Sometimes too high for the melody, but it's there.

We know for a fact that drum intro and lyrics of Prisoner are Bruce's. Also the melody of chorus of RTTH.

I remember bruce mentioning that he made a "moral contribution" (his jokey phrase) to 4 tracks on the album, and he has definitely made illusions to Children of the Damned being one of them.

Not sure what the other one is, gangland maybe?

I play a bit of guitar and the standard of musicianship of all the tracks Bruce wrote alone are very similar. I know they all sound great but they really aren't very complex or beyond what a very rudimentary guitar player would be able to produce so I'm not sure why there's such disbelief.

Even intricate melody lines can be hummed if they are beyond Bruces ability as a guitar player.

I remember bruce mentioning that he made a "moral contribution" (his jokey phrase) to 4 tracks on the album, and he has definitely made illusions to Children of the Damned being one of them.

Not sure what the other one is, gangland maybe?

The four songs Bruce co-wrote, I mean made a moral contribution, were Children of the Damned, The Prisoner, Run to the Hills, and Gangland.

I play a bit of guitar and the standard of musicianship of all the tracks Bruce wrote alone are very similar. I know they all sound great but they really aren't very complex or beyond what a very rudimentary guitar player would be able to produce so I'm not sure why there's such disbelief.

Even intricate melody lines can be hummed if they are beyond Bruces ability as a guitar player.

Agreed. Back in the early noughties, when Bruce was doing the Freak Zone for BBC 6 Music, he interviewed a DJ (whose name I have since forgotten) who chose some songs to play. One of them was Flash of the Blade and the DJ mentioned that he loved it when he was a kid and was fascinated by the intro riff, to which Bruce humorously replied that it was "the most complicated thing he could play with his limited guitar playing abilities". :lol:

Thanks, good review and great pictures. I disagree regarding Powerslave - that is one monster of a song and I did not feel it had a negative impact on the flow last year (I still have to see this year's tour).

Would this review be on a printed magazine too? Cheers!

I don't disagree at all, I absolutely love Powerslave but I'm not so sure it has a place in the same set as TRATB. Personally, and controversially, I don't think TRATB should be in the set. The crowd really weren't feeling it in Newcastle, a lot of people went to grab beers and merch towards the end as well.

I'm really not sure about whether it will make the mag as we're only quarterly at the minute and the latest issue has only just hit the shelves. I don't think the editor will want to run anything that's 3 months old at the time of next issue, but I will of course fight our corner for it to be there :D

Back