The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I don't think they did as I saw them in Barcelona on the 2nd Leg and they dropped ATSS for Revelations and The Clairvoyant for Sanctuary I seem to recall?
That was the 3rd leg- 2012/2013 had the same set, 2014 got a couple changes.

I don't think they did as I saw them in Barcelona on the 2nd Leg and they dropped ATSS for Revelations and The Clairvoyant for Sanctuary I seem to recall?
As Lego said, that was the '14 leg. They replaced ATSS with Revelations, The Clairvoyant with Wrathchild (which was then dropped midway through) and Running Free with Sanctuary.

Apparently Maiden are currently rehearsing in Paris, which makes perfect sense. 14 days of rehearsals and then a few days of production rehearsals in Antwerp before the first gig.

They seem fond of Paris.
Yup, it's either Paris or Miami (depending on where the tour starts). It's probably practical for the bend members to go home for the weekend (if they are in Miami for Nicko and Steve and if they are in Paris for Bruce, H and Jan, Dave can't win, since he lives in the middle of the ocean).

Maybe Bruce wanted to use the infamous piano in the studio............you know so they can rehearse Empire of the clouds :p

What you said is a thing of pacing the setlist. With last year's set Maiden did that perfectly. 2 new songs, 1 classic, 2 new songs, 2 classics, 2 new songs, classics to the end. That's good set pacing. What do you do after a long new TRATB? Drop a Trooper. I do not know what Bon Jovi show you saw (they change the setlist), but from what I've seen (looked up on setlist.fm) they paced their set terribly on this tour (15 songs with only 2 classics hits between, is a snoozefest for non diehard).

This is the one I saw
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2017/quicken-loans-arena-cleveland-oh-4bf91332.html
Combining that setlist with a bad seat, no video screens to actually see what was happening on stage, and a venue I despise, it was a challenging night. But my wife was happy and that was all that mattered.

Back