Blaze Bayley

It's similar in terms of song writing, but the drum and guitar sound is a bit different. I think that the drums sound better this time. Vocals are still too loud in the mix for my taste though.

Last edited:
My first listen was the same as it had been for Infinite Entanglement--good, but not blown away. Upon repeated listenings, IE is now one of my favorites of his, if not my favorite (not to mention I listen to it way more than Book of Souls). Endure & Survive I don't find to be quite as catchy as IE, but I'm only on my second listen and I'm already liking it much better the second time around. There are some definite standout tracks: "Remember" and "The World is Turning the Wrong Way" in particular are amazing. The album finishes much stronger than it begins, and while there are songs that aren't quite as good as others, I wouldn't say there are any I'd be compelled to skip. They're all good, some are great.

In all it lines up very neatly as a second part of his trilogy, and even though I've only had it a week, it sucks that it'll be another year before Part 3 comes out.

Endure and Survive is good. Really like the vocals, very well produced. Good songs, overall a nice record. Where Blaze is now in his career, you couldn't hope for a better album. "Eating Lies" is my favourite song:

Endure and Survive is good. Really like the vocals, very well produced. Good songs, overall a nice record. Where Blaze is now in his career, you couldn't hope for a better album. "Eating Lies" is my favourite song:

I'm playing through it now. I liked Infinite Entanglement, but this is better, both song wise and production wise. Gone is that exaggerated 2-4 khz harshness.

I think it is a solid album. Good songs. Solid production. I would prefer a bit more guitar volume. The sound is definitely more balanced that The Book of Souls.

Oh, wow. You know, as much as people dislike the Blaze era, imagine what he got to do, when he first took the stage with Maiden. Imagine how that must have felt. You can just see how his passion seeps through.

Infinite Dreams
It has no proper chorus and so sets itself free of any conventional song writing rules that I am aware of. An idea loyal and true to itself. Anguish melancholy and questioning your own existence and your god. A perfectly building nightmare. The shades and tones of Bruce Dickinson on this song define magnificent. The lyric is delivered on a melody that is irresistible until it becomes ominous. Then he lures me towards the centre of his nightmare.

Terrifying and gorgeous.

:notworthy:

I gotta agree with the sentiments about Infinite Entanglement, it really is a very good album. I was just listening to it a few days ago and was surprised by how many songs in a row are great and truly a good listen.

I listened to Part 2 yesterday, seems good, but I'll need a few more listens to settle it in. The acoustic one, Remember, stood out the most on the first listen. Seems really special.

I gotta agree with the sentiments about Infinite Entanglement, it really is a very good album. I was just listening to it a few days ago and was surprised by how many songs in a row are great and truly a good listen.

I listened to Part 2 yesterday, seems good, but I'll need a few more listens to settle it in. The acoustic one, Remember, stood out the most on the first listen. Seems really special.

I'm a big fan of Infinite Entanglement, and yep, just like that album, the second one takes a couple listens to really get into it. There isn't a bad song on there, and I love the old-timey Italian ristorante feel of "Remember" with the accordion. There are a couple songs that are a little too straight-forward ("Fight Back" for example) for me to call them great, but there really isn't a bad song on either album, which at this stage in his career is astounding.

Blaze is a great fuckin' guy. His fandom and love of music shows through in every word. Compare this to articles where Joey Belladonna is asked the same question and he just says things like, "I don't know, I don't listen to them."
Yea, I like this a lot about Blaze and Bruce. It's ridiculous seeing a band like Van Halen ignore literally half of their catalog because the singer thinks the stuff he wasn't on isn't worthy. Showing interest in the music you weren't part of seems like a real rarity in the rock/metal world.

Agreed, but Maiden's non-Blaze catalogue is so universally loved, that with this particular band one can't get around it.

I think most Maiden fans can still generally agree that Sign of the Cross and Clansman are good songs, at least.

Anyway, it's nice to see Blaze speaking so highly of a band with whom he really did not have much success (during his tenure).

I want Blaze to join the forum and read his commentary in the survivors and music discussion threads.

Back