The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Just saw Logan.
1. VERY violent. Not for young kids, but killer seeing Logan cut loose like that.
2. Very sad but very well made film.
3. Would not be surprised if Patrick Stewart is nominated for the Best Supporting actor. Also 11 year old Dafne Keen is chilling and amazing as X-23. What a performance!
4. There are no suits or costumes. This does not feel like a super hero film. It defies categorization. Have a feeling it will catch the attention of those who normally don't watch Mutant films.

I've never seen an X Men movie. Is Logan worth seeing anyway?

Saw Logan the opening day. Definitely one of the best comic book films ever made despite some minor issues. It's great to see that a truly mature approach to the genre paid off. Fingers crossed for a solid box office performance.
I've never seen an X Men movie. Is Logan worth seeing anyway?
IMO yes, without a doubt. I think it's as stand-alone as it could get while still being a part of the X-Men universe (I mean - kind of... the continuity of this series is a total mess). Of course, it's more impactful if you know the context of some of the previous films, but you won't feel lost without it.

Just started watching Legion on FX. It's really good but exceedingly confusing to watch, both visually and plot-wise.

Apparently the reviews for Iron Fist (which comes out today on Netflix) are abysmal, so I'll take this as an alternative even though it's not part of the MCU.

Apparently the reviews for Iron Fist (which comes out today on Netflix) are abysmal, so I'll take this as an alternative even though it's not part of the MCU.
Reviews only cover the first 6 episodes, same as Luke Cage. However, the later episodes of Luke Cage were panned, so it's possible (but unlikely) that Iron Fist's reviewed eps are bad but the later ones are better. Either way, MCU earned enough respect in my book that I'll watch the whole show no matter what.

I don't know, I've been successively more and more let down with each new Marvel Netflix property...Daredevil S1 was amazing, Jessica Jones was meh all the way through but had an incredibly compelling villain and a great side character in Luke Cage, Daredevil S2 was very good and then lame (but still alright), Luke Cage was very good and then really, really bad...so it seems like they are sliding in quality. I'll give Iron Fist a shot, but if it's as bad as the bad eps of JJ or the second half of Luke Cage I probably won't waste my time.

The twitter fan reviews this morning of IF are bashing the critics saying the series is better than the critics made it out to be. We shall see...

I haven't watched Luke Cage yet, but so far I've noticed that the Marvel Netflix shows are all a few episodes too long. Jessica Jones suffered the most from this, but both Daredevil seasons (2 more than 1) had this problem too.

Just started watching Legion on FX. It's really good but exceedingly confusing to watch, both visually and plot-wise.
Legion is confusing but in a very 60's psychedelic cool kind of way. So far, it seems to be its' own universe and have nothing do to with the X-Men which is a shame since the character first appeared in the New Mutants comic. The art was done in a very trippy way by Bill Sienkiewicz which matches how strange the TV series is. David's girlfriend Syd is obviously a Rogue rip off but she is hot! Melanie Byrd is a Prof X wanna be (without the powers). It has been renewed for a 2nd season.

I'm enjoying Legion, but honestly I hope they go for a different feel in S2. I'm already kinda getting tired of the weirdness. Also I hope they provide satisfying answers at the end of the season, otherwise I won't be pleased.

I'm only halfway through episode 2 and I honestly thought the weirdness from the pilot would be toned down...it's not. I also think it might grow tiresome.

Cinematography is awesome though. They should also get all the awards for music/sound though because that shit is spectacular, especially during the scary scenes.

The Shadow King/Fat Yellow Eyed Creep is one of the scariest TV characters ever. Every single time he appears I get chills. Ending of episode 5 was pure horror.

Also, unexpectedly, Aubrey Plaza is the MVP of the show in terms of acting. Especially in ep 6.

Back